tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

I thought I was looking at this past year, but based on your post I suppose it could have been 2009. Perhaps 'average' was not the best terminology I could have used, but for the schools that sell out every year 'average' attendance does not change. I may not have taken stadium expansion into account.

But that does not change my point....

Sandra
Oh I know, and wasnt trying to give you a hard time. I was just curious is all.

Average Attendance:

Texas 101,000
USC 84,000
Alabama 92,000
Florida State 74,000
Ohio State, 105,000
Florida 90,000
Miami 47,000

See if you can guess which one doesn't belong in this category :rolleyes:

Sandra

LMAO!! What is the AVERAGE amount of those STATEs school when it comes to students COMPARED to the small PRIVATE school there??

OK, back to your regularly scheduled condescending comments.....

LMAO!! What is the AVERAGE amount of those STATEs school when it comes to students COMPARED to the small PRIVATE school there??

I am not sure what you are asking here. Can you clarify?
Average what? Enrollment?

If that is the case you can take it farther because it isnt just students that go to these games.
Miami metro has a population of over 5 million. Alabama STATE has a population of about 4.7-5 million. Far more people in close proximity to the University of Miami regardless of enrollment upon which to build a fan base than there is in the entire state of Alabama, yet attendance simply isnt that high at the U. There are many factors that contribute to this.

Last edited:

She listed ALL state schools and Miami who is a small private school. The average number of students is 4 and some cases 5 times bigger than The U. You are obviously going to have a bigger fan base and a bigger alumni base. Hell, Florida and Florida State have a bigger alumni base IN MIAMI than Miami does. More money from boosters AND alumni coming to get those nice big stadiums.

She listed ALL state schools and Miami who is a small private school. The average number of students is 4 and some cases 5 times bigger than The U. You are obviously going to have a bigger fan base and a bigger alumni base. Hell, Florida and Florida State have a bigger alumni base IN MIAMI than Miami does. More money from boosters AND alumni coming to get those nice big stadiums.

OK so Miami is small potatoes compared to Florida and Florida State, IN MIAMI. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Sandra

If that is the case you can take it farther because it isnt just students that go to these games.
Miami metro has a population of over 5 million. Alabama STATE has a population of about 4.7-5 million. Far more people in close proximity to the University of Miami regardless of enrollment upon which to build a fan base than there is in the entire state of Alabama, yet attendance simply isnt that high at the U. There are many factors that contribute to this.

The MIAMI Metro area has just about 3 million people...give or take a 100 grad or two. Sandra's point is that because Miami does not drawn like those other big state school, it does not have a major football program. IF Miami had the size of alumni as those schools that average over 35-45,000 students per year...and had that many alumni generating money to the school, it would have had it's stadium with seating of over 75-85,000+....but it does not and never will because it is a private school.

The MIAMI Metro area has just about 3 million people...give or take a 100 grad or two.

Actually, unless I have read wrong, the population of the county is around 3 million. The Metro area, which includes Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Pompano Beach is closer to 5 million. Some people split those up, I guess thats where we are getting different numbers. No biggie.

Actually, unless I have read wrong, the population of the county is around 3 million. The Metro area, which includes Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Pompano Beach is closer to 5 million. Some people split those up, I guess thats where we are getting different numbers. No biggie.

And like I said...there is MORE of a alumni base for FSU and UF than Miami because it is a private school.

What does average attendence & stadium size have to do with anything? Just take a look at Neyland Stadium, and the state of that football program.

I have to agree with Salsa, that the state schools always get more attention than private schools within a state. Even the state flagship will over other public schools. Clempson has more football history than USCe, but the Gamecocks have always gotten more attention within the state because their the state flagship.

I can't think of any private schools (except possibly Notre Dame, even then their fanbase is mostly out of state) that dominate their state for loyalty. Feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Derwin0 said:
What does average attendence & stadium size have to do with anything? Just take a look at Neyland Stadium, and the state of that football program.

I have to agree with Salsa, that the state schools always get more attention than private schools within a state. Even the state flagship will over other public schools. Clempson has more football history than USCe, but the Gamecocks have always gotten more attention within the state because their the state flagship.

I can't think of any private schools (except possibly Notre Dame, even then their fanbase is mostly out of state) that dominate their state for loyalty. Feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Not to mention MORE alumni money for those big stadiums and other "benefits" state u gets.

I see here little "jab"....lol!

Further explanation as to why Miami is a little fish in the big market of college football.

Sandra

Chicago Cubs Can't Believe They're Doing This Again

Facing Death, CNN sports legend embraces life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)