tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

This Thread title should be changed to "College Football Off season 2011" as it no longer speaks of the thread title subject as that topic had all but finished, till next year.

You said 2 decades since they competed for the a national championship...you were off by almost 14 years. And do you even know WHY they went to the ACC? The only reason they did that was because the football team has been able to stand on it's own. The reason Miami to the ACC had NOTHING to do with football and EVERYTHING to do with basketball and try to establish their basketball program.

You misunderstood me then I said "Constantly" That was the key word. I said They had a few seasons of greatness but have not been constant. Each year teams like OSU are always mentioned in the hunt for the title game. Miami is but a blip. (At least the last decade its been OSU and others). Miami has not been a team that has been a threat on a constant basis for quite some time.

I also did not try to infer any reason why Miami went to the ACC. Only that I thought it was odd that a "great program" like Miami can not even win the title in a weak conference like the ACC.. Sure they can beat up on the choir boys of the big east but cant handle with the second to last BCS conference the mighty ACC.

It IS a middle of the road team, but a MAJOR football program because it still gets major football exposure....something you cannot seem to know the difference of. Middle of the road "programs" do not get the TV exposure Miami gets.

A program of note? sure but major? To be major id say they need to be at least in the top 20? 25? I just dont know if I see that. And what major exposure does Miami football get? Unless they are playing a team of note, like OSU no one is talking about them or putting them on prime time. Miami playing anyone but a major school is just filler.

No, I complained that they should have been ranked better a couple of seasons ago because they started the season with the toughest schedule in the country and they beat all but one team. They should been ranked higher than most...AT THE TIME. But you have a problem with knowing the difference in time... ;)

I agreed with you with their tough schedule as well just so were clear. ;) except for the ACC part of it ;)

Same can be said about Florida...and and other school. Do you think Florida vs Vandy or Ohio State vs. Purdue is gonna be on national tv unless it is a regional game? LOL!

Um OSU vs unranked Mich makes primetime ;) Miami vs unranked FSU does not. (there biggest rival) It does make national coverage but OSU/mich gets the prime slot.

Um OSU vs unranked Mich makes primetime ;) Miami vs unranked FSU does not. (there biggest rival) It does make national coverage but OSU/mich gets the prime slot.

a function of the difference in the contracts that the ACC has for national TV coverage vs. that of the Big10. The ACC has chosen to shoot themselves in the foot, IMO, in their quest for $$$.

Notre Dame has a top 10 recruiting class for 2011. They have great facilities and a TV deal certainly helps.

Miamis class is #47..

Well that can't possibly be correct. I read right here on this site about all the major signings the RBC coach has brought to Miami, with a synopsis of the strengths of every player. Sounded like a top five class to me.

There is no way the person would have posted that with a straight face if this equated to the #47 class in the country out of what...110 programs? :rolleyes:

Sandra

Well that can't possibly be correct. I read right here on this site about all the major signings the RBC coach has brought to Miami, with a synopsis of the strengths of every player. Sounded like a top five class to me.

There is no way the person would have posted that with a straight face if this equated to the #47 class in the country out of what...110 programs? :rolleyes:

Sandra

That has ALOT to do with their head coach being fired. But I am SURE you knew that....

....U may now go back to your regularly scheduled condescending remarks...;)

I am watching the press conference right now and Tressell is up speaking at the moment. All I know so far is he is out $250,000 and suspended for 2 games.

Outlaw State, the most openly and unasshamedly corrupt program in the NCAA.

Of course, being a northern traditional power, nothing of signifcant will be done.

Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel fined, suspended for two games - Campus Rivalry: College Football & Basketball News, Recruiting, Game Picks, and More - USATODAY.com

Ohio State already is appealing sanctions from an NCAA investigation that led to players, including star quarterback Terrelle Pryor, being suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season. It is unclear if the NCAA will come back and add to the school's penalties because of Tressel's admission.
Yeah, they can forget about that appeal. Since Tressel lied to the NCAA investigators, they'll be lucky to just keep at the penalties they now have.

Which brings up an interesting question. If they have to forfeit last year's wins, does the SEC losing streak stay unbroken? :p

Based on the Columbus Dispatch story about this, I have a new nickname for "the Vest", that being "the Cheat." :( WOW! Tosu is going to suspend him 2 games! WHAT A JOKE! Hopefully, the NCAA will now have enough nads to do what they should have done last season and ban them from playoffs for a few years in addition to the wimpy "self-imposed" sanctions they are all to willing to take.

So much for integrity, Tressel is just one more lying piece of garbage in the world of "sports", it appears.

Obit of a "clean" program:

Tressel: 'I let some people down' | BuckeyeXtra

Based on the Columbus Dispatch story about this, I have a new nickname for "the Vest", that being "the Cheat." :( WOW! Tosu is going to suspend him 2 games! WHAT A JOKE! Hopefully, the NCAA will now have enough nads to do what they should have done last season and ban them from playoffs for a few years in addition to the wimpy "self-imposed" sanctions they are all to willing to take.

So much for integrity, Tressel is just one more lying piece of garbage in the world of "sports", it appears.

Obit of a "clean" program:

Tressel: 'I let some people down' | BuckeyeXtra

What the hell, may as well CLOSE the school.

He should be suspended for a minimum of 8 games. He knew about it and did nothing and he is the leader of the team. His punishment should be more than the kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts