tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

I was responding to Derwin who made an accusation that The Vest was responsible for his players getting "compensation" at every school he was associated with. I would like him to back up that blanket statement instead of piling on the hatred.
The backup info of what happened at Youngstown St. was quoted in the post.
And as you pointed out, that and Ohio St. would make it every school.

Not defending him, just giving the opposite stance that I really don't think this is a big issue. It was a moral decision. The rule that the players broke is archaic. It has nothing to do with the game on the field. When Coach found out, he made a moral decision to keep his mouth shut and side with the players whether right or wrong. It was a bold move. It wasn't a sissy move. He didn't sing like a canary. He stood up for his guys. Big deal.

Again, what the players did and Tressel not ratting on them has NOTHING to do with the game on the field. This is the reason why he is not and should not be getting fired.
A bold move? Are you kidding? He's caused irreparable harm to the program's reputation and the NCAA may lay the hammer down. All because he didn't to snitch? He's the face of the top football program in the nation - -- not a street thug trying to build cred.

Not defending him, just giving the opposite stance that I really don't think this is a big issue. It was a moral decision. The rule that the players broke is archaic. It has nothing to do with the game on the field. When Coach found out, he made a moral decision to keep his mouth shut and side with the players whether right or wrong. It was a bold move. It wasn't a sissy move. He didn't sing like a canary. He stood up for his guys. Big deal.

Again, what the players did and Tressel not ratting on them has NOTHING to do with the game on the field. This is the reason why he is not and should not be getting fired.
Most of us, if not all, have to deal with rules in our workplace that we don't agree with, along with the repercussions of violating those rules. Tressel is no different, just that his are a hell of a lot more public.

Most of us, if not all, have to deal with rules in our workplace that we don't agree with, along with the repercussions of violating those rules. Tressel is no different, just that his are a hell of a lot more public.

And more damaging in that alot more than just the coach will be impacted by it. He did not do them or the team a favor by not "snitching".

In May of 2009, The Columbus Dispatch reported that since 2000, Ohio State had reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations -- the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools

And here I thought that it was only SEC schools, Miami and Florida State that did this type of thing.

A bold move? Are you kidding? He's caused irreparable harm to the program's reputation and the NCAA may lay the hammer down. All because he didn't to snitch? He's the face of the top football program in the nation - -- not a street thug trying to build cred.

You're being a little dramatic don't you think? This will all be forgotten at the beginning of next year once football starts.

You're being a little dramatic don't you think? This will all be forgotten at the beginning of next year once football starts.

I don't think so. He knowingly covered up NCAA violations when compliance would have been simple and easy. I have a feeling the NCAA is going to come down hard and we'll be talking about this next year and beyond. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think so. He knowingly covered up NCAA violations when compliance would have been simple and easy. I have a feeling the NCAA is going to come down hard and we'll be talking about this next year and beyond. I hope I'm wrong.

Others have done worse.

On top of his suspensions, OSU already fined him A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS! That's a ton of money!

You HOPE it will be forgotten at the beginning of next season, and I can understand that, but I doubt very seriously that will happen. Most likely, more punishment is coming.

You're right, they have. And they all got punished for it when caught. And those that tried to hide it got even worse.

And there is the problem for them. This could have been a simple, very minor incident. However they add to it by knowing, and not telling the truth.
Had he simply come forward and told the truth, it would be a non issue at this point.

And there is the problem for them. This could have been a simple, very minor incident. However they add to it by knowing, and not telling the truth.
Had he simply come forward and told the truth, it would be a non issue at this point.
So true. In a lot of cases, the cover-up is worse than the "crime" itself...

Totally agree with this.

Sandra

Ramy said:
He should be suspended for a minimum of 8 games. He knew about it and did nothing and he is the leader of the team. His punishment should be more than the kids.

Interesting, Calhoun commited fouls and got 2 games (out of 30+) in basketball, Pearl commited fouls, got 8 games, out of 30+) if Tressel were to get a 1/3 of the season, that would be 4 games, you want him to miss 2/3rds of the season ?

Remember, the NCAA has not said anything yet... the games he misses will be from OSU, not the NCAA. Could be more, maybe not.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Interesting, Calhoun commited fouls and got 2 games (out of 30+) in basketball, Pearl commited fouls, got 8 games, out of 30+) if Tressel were to get a 1/3 of the season, that would be 4 games, you want him to miss 2/3rds of the season ?

Remember, the NCAA has not said anything yet... the games he misses will be from OSU, not the NCAA. Could be more, maybe not.

I am not basing it on other sports. I am basing it on the fact that he knew and did nothing about it and the kids are getting 5 games, so he should get more.

msmith198025 said:
Im a little surprised that OSU fans are not mad as hell with him. What he did could lead to stiffer penalties. If it were me, and this was Bama, I would have a hard time defending our coach if he knew, and basically lied about it.

Ramy said:
I am not basing it on other sports. I am basing it on the fact that he knew and did nothing about it and the kids are getting 5 games, so he should get more.

Personally, he shouldn't even be in this position if the damn players would do what they are suppose to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts