tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

HD MM said:
You're being a little dramatic don't you think? This will all be forgotten at the beginning of next year once football starts.

Um, not really seeing the players are out for 5 games, probably forgotten after the 7th or 8th game but you can be assured that this will come up at EVERY game they play.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

If after 7 games tOSU is undefeated, this will all but be forgotten. Not hearing much about Camgate these days either.

Come to Alabama....lol.

"By golly, yall wouldnt done wun them there games if you hadnt had that cheater."

He should be suspended for a minimum of 8 games. He knew about it and did nothing and he is the leader of the team. His punishment should be more than the kids.

Got that right. He's supposed to be shaping and leading these young men. Like I said when this broke - Shame on you "The OSU". Best team money can buy.

Personally, he shouldn't even be in this position if the damn players would do what they are suppose to do.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I don't disagree with you, but he still should have said something.

True, but Cam is already gone...Tressel is staying.

Sandra

This is interesting, isn't CAM a JR ?
Technically, he's NOT gone (IF he's a Jr currently), he's CHOOSING to leave.

He's RUNNING to the NFL
a. for the money and
b. to get away from further questioning about the $180,000 that his Dad too for his participation at a school he didn't really want to play at in the beginning (till his father got the sweetheart deal).

What went on at Auburn is a 2 on the NCAA's scale, contrasted to Outlaw State, which would be about a 100.

Outlaw State has a trail of slime that leads back throughout the corrupt Tressel era. It hired a known liar and cheat from I-AA and let him loose with no institutional control. Now that it is caught, again, the university's president tell what I suppose he thinks is a joke and then suspends the crooked coach for two practice games versus MACers and purports to fine a multi-millionaire what to you and me would be the equilivent of twenty bucks (no pun intended).

This is classic institution out of contol. Corrupt. Totally corrupt. The NCAA needs to get its attention and the attention of it and other northern traditional power programs, which violate NCAA rules without regard. A two year death penalty is in order. Shut it down.

And and sports "journalist" worthy of the name begins every inteview with anybody related to Outlaw State with "are you lying?"

Yeah, see there is a silver lining here. REALLY MATT?

What's next? Maybe record some hip-hop records with Pryor and the rest Tattoo gate? Hey, there's a name they can use.

Ok, ok. I've had a day to digest all this info.

Whenever any drama with a family member, friend or neighbor goes down, it's my first instinct to protect them. Like Tressel, maybe I sided with my emotions on this one?

Let's recreate this scenario. Emails were exchanged between a lawyer and Tressel that tipped him off that a couple of his players were selling memorabilia for a profit, which according to the archaic rules is technically against the rules. What should Tressel have done? In the day and age of scandal, he should have gone to the Compliance Office and reported them. What did he do instead? As a father figure, he probably just went to the kids and handled it internally. Should he be punished for not following the proper protocol in handling a rules violation? Yes. Should he be held to the fire and lambasted to death? No.

Ok, ok. I've had a day to digest all this info.

Whenever any drama with a family member, friend or neighbor goes down, it's my first instinct to protect them. Like Tressel, maybe I sided with my emotions on this one?

Let's recreate this scenario. Emails were exchanged between a lawyer and Tressel that tipped him off that a couple of his players were selling memorabilia for a profit, which according to the archaic rules is technically against the rules. What should Tressel have done? In the day and age of scandal, he should have gone to the Compliance Office and reported them. What did he do instead? As a father figure, he probably just went to the kids and handled it internally. Should he be punished for not following the proper protocol in handling a rules violation? Yes. Should he be held to the fire and lambasted to death? No.

A very reasonable post.

IMO I think he should get at least a 5 game suspension during the big 10 games not the cupcakes they play like Toledo.
If they think it warrants it, the NCAA should just make them bowl ineligible like they did Auburn back in 1993. Forget all the suspensions.

1993 Auburn Tigers football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That punishes the coach for not reporting the violations, the school for letting the coach get away with it, and takes away from the violating players a chance to play for a championship..a big hurt if they go undefeated like Auburn did in '93, which tOSU will want to do to prove they could've been in the title game. This gets the NCAA's message across and still gives the non-violating players a reason to play and the fans a reason to watch.

And SamCdbs, take a chill pill man before you blow a gasket or something. Can you say "over-reacting?"

Last edited:
IMO I think he should get at least a 5 game suspension during the big 10 games not the cupcakes they play like Toledo.
That's ridiculous.... Picking and choosing "certain" games is impractical ! How 'bout letting this year's opponents pick which games ? They'll all want their game, of course ! :D

That's ridiculous.... Picking and choosing "certain" games is impractical ! How 'bout letting this year's opponents pick which games ? They'll all want their game, of course ! :D
Not really. Bruce Pearl and Jim Calhoun both recently received suspensions of x number of league games.

What went on at Auburn is a 2 on the NCAA's scale, contrasted to Outlaw State, which would be about a 100.

Outlaw State has a trail of slime that leads back throughout the corrupt Tressel era. It hired a known liar and cheat from I-AA and let him loose with no institutional control. Now that it is caught, again, the university's president tell what I suppose he thinks is a joke and then suspends the crooked coach for two practice games versus MACers and purports to fine a multi-millionaire what to you and me would be the equilivent of twenty bucks (no pun intended).

This is classic institution out of contol. Corrupt. Totally corrupt. The NCAA needs to get its attention and the attention of it and other northern traditional power programs, which violate NCAA rules without regard. A two year death penalty is in order. Shut it down.

And and sports "journalist" worthy of the name begins every inteview with anybody related to Outlaw State with "are you lying?"

:coffee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts