tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

Sounds like something an uneducated fool would say.

"The south will rise again!"

"Damn northeners!"
Yeah, you wouldn't hear ignorant crap like this from anyone in Colorado, would you? No uneducated fools there.

haggardpoints_2.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Thank goodness the hometown Columbus Dispatch does not ascribe holding that it is a simple requirement that a person tell the truth to be a respected human being to "hate".

Liar Tressel's "appology", the one where he said he was not sorry he lied, but that he was sorry he "let people down" and that he "put others through things", be did it because, he wanted to protect people's privacy?

Another lie. Now exposed that he was actually in communication with one of the player's "mentor" (street agent) about how to cover things up.

Shut them down. The only way the northern big time schools will learn the rules apply to them too.

These numbers don't bode well for Tressel:

An SI.com study of the past 177 NCAA infractions cases involving violations of Bylaw 10.1 revealed that coaches accused of such violations rarely retain their jobs.

Of the 177 cases, 172 involved coaches or athletic administrators accused of committing unethical conduct. Of those, 159 resigned or were terminated. Eighty-one cases involved coaches or athletics administrators accused of providing false or misleading information to NCAA investigators or encouraging others to lie to investigators. Of those, 78 resigned or were terminated.

Coach Jim Tressel may be forcing Ohio State's hand with reported deceptions - Andy Staples - SI.com

Poor Tressel. I hate to see this happen. The guy seems to have been trying to protect his players over a pretty trivial violation if you ask me (I'm sure those "out-for-blood" coach potatoes who enjoy seeing this happen to others will say different).

Poor Tressel. I hate to see this happen. The guy seems to have been trying to protect his players over a pretty trivial violation if you ask me (I'm sure those "out-for-blood" coach potatoes who enjoy seeing this happen to others will say different).
Unfortunately the coverup is worse than the crime. If he had reported it in the beginning, they would have gotten the same thing as AJ Green did for UGA, but since Tressel wanted to avoid that same penalty, he actively covered things up, and because of it OSU will pay the price.

Unfortunately the coverup is worse than the crime. If he had reported it in the beginning, they would have gotten the same thing as AJ Green did for UGA, but since Tressel wanted to avoid that same penalty, he actively covered things up, and because of it OSU will pay the price.
I know. Rules are rules, and all that. Just hate to see a good man go down over something like this. Whole thing seems out of perspective...just like the rules of the NCAA.

I know. Rules are rules, and all that. Just hate to see a good man go down over something like this. Whole thing seems out of perspective...just like the rules of the NCAA.

He maybe a good man, but there seems to be a pattern that has developed. I don't know. I feel bad for him, but you would think an experience coach would not do something as stupid as hide this information... Goes to show you that we are all human and can may mistakes we all know we should not have done.

Rumors have it that Urban Meyer just purchased a house in Upper Arlington (a Columbus suburb). Could this be news that Tressel will soon be out of a job?

There really are two posibilities. If an appropriate penalty is applied, no name coach will be interested. Probably a semi-caretaker and then go for a name after he goes. If they get off easy, then they will hire another I-AAer, probably one with clear indications of a propensity to break the rules, and resume cheating.

There really are two posibilities. If an appropriate penalty is applied, no name coach will be interested. Probably a semi-caretaker and then go for a name after he goes. If they get off easy, then they will hire another I-AAer, probably one with clear indications of a propensity to break the rules, and resume cheating.
Hmmm...In your alternate universe, do you breathe air, or water? ;)

This is a huge black-eye to a program that prides itself on being one of the elite. I doubt that the powers that be will turn a blind-eye to the background of the next hire...if that's what it comes down to.

mccoyrj said:
Hmmm...In your alternate universe, do you breathe air, or water? ;)

This is a huge black-eye to a program that prides itself on being one of the elite. I doubt that the powers that be will turn a blind-eye to the background of the next hire...if that's what it comes down to.

Makes you wonder how they got to be elite after all this.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Looks like Auburn isn't so clean after all, the Newton incident may have been swept under the rug , but .....
then theres this ..... Report: Four former Auburn players got cash - ESPN....

Interesting how it takes the NCAA 4-5 years to deal with USC, 6 or so to deal with Auburn, but they are always right there when the Buckeyes have issues ... :rolleyes:

This probably deserves it's own thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts