tOSU being investigated for tattoo-gate?

"cheat" - "rule broken" = its all semantics. That rule being broken and subsequently not be punished accordingly / timely like with past rule breakers; is effecting the bowl game and all the games they played in after the date of the broken rule. They CHEATED the system!

I am sorry Charper, I disagree. Me selling those tickets did not give ANYONE a competitive edge in anyway...that is what cheating does. I broke a rule. Cheating like using steroids or stealing someone's playbook or filming someones practices and does both give you an unfair advantage and break a rule.

I am sorry Charper, I disagree. Me selling those tickets did not give ANYONE a competitive edge in anyway...that is what cheating does. I broke a rule. Cheating like using steroids or stealing someone's playbook or filming someones practices and does both give you an unfair advantage and break a rule.

Does it make it anymore right?

Salsa, this may sound harsh, but you have said several times that you are pissed about FSU handling the situation with your rehab (and other things). Isnt it true though, that had you not broken the rule, a rule that you admit that you knew was there and would break again, that they would have done what they should have done? They would have continued the rehab on your knee and you would have kept your full ride?

I can get that you are mad, I just think that SOME (most) of the anger should be directed within and not all directed at others.

Just saying, and no offense.

Edit: Obviously, I do not know your entire situation. Just going off of what you have posted here.

Actually my comments were not formed regarding you situation; specifically the OSU issues.

See post #153.
That does not answer my question unless you said see the wrong post. My question was in direct response to that post.
Yeah, people still do it (and will still do it and pay the "price in this case"), does that excuse the act? And what causes it? A lack of caring for the rules?

Well....it does NOT excuse the act. I did it and I payed the price. I knew what I was doing when I did. The CAUSE, simple, I was not allowed to work nor did have the financial backing from family to fill in the financial gap that the full ride could not. Did I care about the rule? Not at the time because my situation was not cheating the school out of anything....it was not giving me a competitive advantage nor was it putting someone out of getting the scholarship I had. And most importantly, those ticket were give to me TO HAVE and do as I please with them. They are NO LONGER property of either the school nor the former owner.

Yup, they cheated the system ... they got a little bit of money, now they can afford to go on that date and eat out for a change.

You know what, when I was in school I found ways to do both of these things without breaking ANY rules AND ignoring rules really goes to exposing a person's true inner character! Once a cheater; always a cheater and the cheating usually get bigger each time. I would bet for each one person caught, there are 2 or 3 not caught. I wouldn't want these guys working for me or in my home or responsible for anything of value. This is why you rarely hear of any of these guys outside of sports ever.

Salsa, this may sound harsh, but you have said several times that you are pissed about FSU handling the situation with your rehab (and other things). Isnt it true though, that had you not broken the rule, a rule that you admit that you knew was there and would break again, that they would have done what they should have done? They would have continued the rehab on your knee and you would have kept your full ride?

I can get that you are mad, I just think that SOME (most) of the anger should be directed within and not all directed at others.

Edit: Obviously, I do not know your entire situation. Just going off of what you have posted here.

Nor worries MSmith...;)

IF I was a star player...say Deion Sanders, our star centerfielder...I doubt anything would have happened. More than likely, it would have be shoved under the table like ALOT of schools do for their star players.

..upset yes, not angry. And why should I be upset with myself? I was not allowed to work...not even when OUT of school. I needed money to survive at school, get home and have a few little things to get by college life. I was not asking for tattoos, a corvette and a 2 bedroom condo over looking a lake....

Like I have concerning Ohio State situation, they broke a rule...a bull**** rule, but a rule none the less.

You know what, when I was in school I found ways to do both of these things without breaking ANY rules AND ignoring rules really goes to exposing a person's true inner character! Once a cheater; always a cheater and the cheating usually get bigger each time. I would bet for each one person caught, there are 2 or 3 not caught. I wouldn't want these guys working for me or in my home or responsible for anything of value. This is why you rarely hear of any of these guys outside of sports ever.

But Charper, did you go on a full ride where you're not even allowed to work to even earn a little living? I mean that is the crux of this whole argument. IF they were even allowed to get a little job, make a little money....

See post #153.
That does not answer my question unless you said see the wrong post. My question was in direct response to that post.
Yeah, people still do it (and will still do it and pay the "price in this case"), does that excuse the act? And what causes it? A lack of caring for the rules?

So, your saying it's OK, unless you get caught ..... nice.

So, your saying it's OK, unless you get caught ..... nice.

How in the world did you get that from my question? I in no way, shape, or form implied that. I asked a question. If you thought otherwise, please explain, because I am at a loss.

Sure it has. The first five games of next year will be impacted ;)
Games they won't be around for.
To make things equal & fair, the upcoming Bowl game should be included as well. Georgia didn't have the luxury of choosing which games Green sat out (for the exact same rule infraction), Ohio St. shouldn't either.

I have a different view of this, as you would expect msmith ....

Provided Salsa STAYED in SCHOOL after the infraction, I would expect the school to continue with the rehab.
I'm sure you'll disagree.

Provided Salsa STAYED in SCHOOL after the infraction, I would expect the school to continue with the rehab.

I could not afford to stay in school. I did not have the credit history for immediate loans or grants....and neither did anyone in my family. I sat out a year. I rehabbed my knee myself with the help of some friends in the 'rehab business'.. ;)

How in the world did you get that from my question? I in no way, shape, or form implied that. I asked a question. If you thought otherwise, please explain, because I am at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
See post #153.

I wouldnt think so for the fact that their responsibility ended when he violated the terms of his scholarship.

Should they have had he stayed there? Yeah, probably, I would have if I were them most likely, but they were under no obligation to do so.
I wont blame Salsa for wanting to have some spending money based on what he has said, but I wont blame the university for voiding the contract when he violated the rules either.
It seems to me that they held up their end of the deal in so much as we have been told.
More obviously could have been done, and it would have been the decent thing to do, but again....

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
See post #153.

Unless I misunderstood you, you said the exact same thing in the post I quoted previously. I was asking why that made it excusable. I was not making that statement as an excuse to break the rules.

Games they won't be around for.
To make things equal & fair, the upcoming Bowl game should be included as well. Georgia didn't have the luxury of choosing which games Green sat out (for the exact same rule infraction), Ohio St. shouldn't either.

You are right....
However, the reason the Bucks are being alowed to play is because of MONEY, or the LACK of money that would be made if come next tuesday the starters were NOT to play, the fans and the SUGAR BOWL in particular would feel cheated as they would lose alot of revenue due to it.

I THINK, had it only been one player, they would have suspended him for the Bowl game, but this is a good portion of the entire offense.

Hmmm. I bet more than 5 people in College football are doing it too ..... And STILL doing it after this past weeks issues.

True, but...in the end, rules are rules. From what I can gather here from posts from ex college athletic scholarship recipients, athletes know these rules as well. They are told them over and over. So is it a well I dont agree so ignore it situation for them? Or what?

One (or five) doing it doesnt excuse YOU (not you personally, the player in question) breaking the rules.

Hopefully this clears it up. I may have misread your post, but I read it as, well more than 5 others are doing it. And then asked if that made it right. Sorry for the confusion.

I could not afford to stay in school. I did not have the credit history for immediate loans or grants....and neither did anyone in my family. I sat out a year. I rehabbed my knee myself with the help of some friends in the 'rehab business'.. ;)

Had you been able to stay in school would they have continued to allow you to use the facilities and finish your rehab ?

4. Don't show-off nice cars, jewels, and mega-$$$ worth of electronics unless you are prepared to show how you got them....

When Marcus Camby was at UMass, he prominently wore a big gaudy, jeweled gold medallion. When he finally got busted a few years after he left school, someone asked the athletic director if he had wondered about that medallion, and he said he just figured it was costume jewelry because he was sure that Camby couldn't have afford it if it had been genuine jewelry.