Two new hd channels on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i bet one of the reasons why U-verse has not shut down yet is cause AT&T are still honoring old contracts that are set to expire soon or within the next few months.

another reason would be to avoid lawsuits with content providers over the shutting down of U-Verse and moving the remainer of a contract over DirecTV. they would have to renegotate deals to get that approved. and the last reason is it takes time to migrate current U-Verse customers to either the old traditional satellite version of DirecTVor the new internet streaming service DirecTV Now to keep them as AT&T paid TV customers.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk
I would agree with out but AT&T just signed a long term agreement with Raycom to get their stations back on UVerseTV. Which I don't understand why they did that when it does look like AT&T wants to get rid of UVerseTV and shift the UVerseTV customers over DTV. I wonder if AT&T considered that instead of merging the two systems that they found is was cheaper and better just to shift the UVerseTV customers over to DTV?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
AT&T has Epix on U-verse. So much of the HD which have added, since the FCC approved AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV during the summer of 2015, have been programming which was on U-verse but not DirecTV. These upcoming two are the latest. But, still, DirecTV subscribers will not get Epix. I wonder why that is. Could it be that AT&T has no intention of bringing in Epix to DirecTV because of business reasons? (That it wants to officially kill off U-verse.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've heard the picture on U-Verse is pretty crappy though.

Pretty soon I can cancel KlowdTV subscription and watch OANN on DIRECTV! One less bill for me!
Actually, I take that back. It may be $7 more a month, but when I watch OANN on my Roku Ultra I can watch it in 4K, so I think I'll keep my KlowdTV subscription for that reason, unless if someday DirecTV allows people to watch all content in 4K and not just those 3 channels.

I would agree with out but AT&T just signed a long term agreement with Raycom to get their stations back on UVerseTV. Which I don't understand why they did that when it does look like AT&T wants to get rid of UVerseTV and shift the UVerseTV customers over DTV. I wonder if AT&T considered that instead of merging the two systems that they found is was cheaper and better just to shift the UVerseTV customers over to DTV?

Most likely the contract covers both Uverse and DirecTV. Uverse is going away, but probably wont be sunseted for another 5 years. Even if Uverse goes away, those coustomers are migrated over to DirecTV satellite or DirecTV Now. ATT has been negotating for both platforms. I was hoping that we would see more HD additons at this point.

AT&T has had DirecTV since 2015. It was in July of that year. So, it's not quite a full period of two years.

I think AT&T intends for U-verse to be gone. But, at this point, it's not easy to estimate when AT&T can get that to happen. But, AT&T wants DirecTV to be the television platform. Delivering on true high-speed Internet (now defined by the FCC in download speed as a minimum of 25Mbps) will be the real challenge. Delivering a footprint (not merely in select areas, like in the south) which is consistent in wiring Internet beyond these small 6 or 12 or 18 numbers (which are the numbers in my area, the market of Detroit, Michigan), when competitors are 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and even a GB or more...that is a reason for AT&T to get rid of U-verse in favor of DirecTV when it can get the customers to migrate.

There will be U-verse subscribers who will refuse. Some will not have a choice. Some will have a choice...and they will choose to go elsewhere. But, AT&T can't cater to their personal needs at the sacrifice of its millions of other customers and the infrastructure it determines it needs.

My guess is that, 10 years from now, U-verse will not exist. (It may not take that many years. But, we won't be mentioning U-verse in 2027 unless we happen to want to talk about the past.)

As a longtime DirecTV subscriber, I want AT&T to upgrade the standard definition programmers to high definition. I don't feel there is value to most of what AT&T has added in high definition, since 2015, with exceptions for what little it added of those which were already carried by DirecTV in standard definition.

Actually, I take that back. It may be $7 more a month, but when I watch OANN on my Roku Ultra I can watch it in 4K, so I think I'll keep my KlowdTV subscription for that reason, unless if someday DirecTV allows people to watch all content in 4K and not just those 3 channels.
How are you watching them in 4K? Sorry to disappoint you but just because the Roku Ultra is a 4k capable box that doesn't mean that everything you watch on it is in 4k.

You have to remember that they cannot just say, Ok you no longer have U Verse TV, they still have to support it, there are people that cannot get D* ... numeroius reasons that are in a U Verse footprint and have it.

Until the day they come out and say it is ENDING and people have no choice, but I think that would be a nightmare for the company.

You have to remember that they cannot just say, Ok you no longer have U Verse TV, they still have to support it, there are people that cannot get D* ... numeroius reasons that are in a U Verse footprint and have it.

Until the day they come out and say it is ENDING and people have no choice, but I think that would be a nightmare for the company.

Ah ... while there has been no official announcement from AT&T yet ....

I think they just did ...

Uverse TV is scheduled to totally shut down nationwide on May 30th.

First reported by Scott here ...

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?threads/368608/

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Ah ... while there has been no official announcement from AT&T yet ....

I think they just did ...

Uverse TV is scheduled to totally shut down nationwide on May 30th.

First reported by Scott here ...

https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/index.php?threads/368608/

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

AT&T is shutting down the website used to order Uverse TV, not shutting down Uverse. No one could really be dumb enough to believe they are going to migrate 4+ million people off Uverse TV in 60 days, could they?

AT&T is shutting down the website used to order Uverse TV, not shutting down Uverse. No one could really be dumb enough to believe they are going to migrate 4+ million people off Uverse TV in 60 days, could they?
Where did you see that ? When is that ?

As of right now its up and running just fine.

Reactions: HoTat2
They are considering shutting down the U-Verse TV WEBSITE by the end of May, not the entire U-Verse TV service according to the original post on FierceCable.com. They don't want to attract new customers. They are wanting to phase out U-Verse, but that will take several years.

They are considering shutting down the U-Verse TV WEBSITE by the end of May, not the entire U-Verse TV service according to the original post on FierceCable.com. They don't want to attract new customers. They are wanting to phase out U-Verse, but that will take several years.
Will they have some of kind of mixed sat / IPTV system under say just the DTV name down the road? What will the newer gateway / server boxes be able to do? If say they have one that can go there IPTV system and SAT then they can do some cool stuff. But there really to need to dump the TV part as a main thing just to push up the internet speeds of copper subs.

If they don't want new UVerseTV customers then why have it so you can still sign up for it on ATT.com?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If they don't want new UVerseTV customers then why have it so you can still sign up for it on ATT.com?
I agree they will still have it for people that can't get anything else sonit will stay open for them

With the army of installers, and giving people access to DirecTV now, yes they could but it would be insane.

The people who cant get DirecTV would just migrate over to DirecTV Now. That's why the platform was made, to serve those who couldnt get DirecTV. UverseTV most likely will be gone by 2020.

With the army of installers, and giving people access to DirecTV now, yes they could but it would be insane.

The people who cant get DirecTV would just migrate over to DirecTV Now. That's why the platform was made, to serve those who couldnt get DirecTV. UverseTV most likely will be gone by 2020.
I feel the same way, but think that it may happen much sooner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts