Ultimate TV reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
I am getting ready for a move and came across my old Ultimate TV receiver. I don't want to just toss it. Is it worth anything? If I put it on Craig's list or EBay what should I expect to get for it?

I am getting ready for a move and came across my old Ultimate TV receiver. I don't want to just toss it. Is it worth anything? If I put it on Craig's list or EBay what should I expect to get for it?

$ 10 maybe, that use to be a very nice rec., but I have not heard of any updates or anything for it.
I am certian that it only handles MPEG2 so don't expect to gwt ANY mpeg 4 programming from it, so essetially it's old technology that you won't find much use of anymore.

Ah, DirecTV's dual tuner version of the venerable DishPlayer. Those were the days. Will it not still work for DirecTV's core programming?

Ah, DirecTV's dual tuner version of the venerable DishPlayer. Those were the days. Will it not still work for DirecTV's core programming?

It probably would work for programming on the 101 only, yup, it's that old.
I have to wonder if they would activate it or not, they would probably offer you an upgrade instead.

The Ultimate TV receiver still functions fine as a SD receiver. It isn't able to receive the Game Lounge channels and lacks some of the interactivity of the recent tunners. The DVR functions with the program guide still work well. I haven't used the WebTV functions in years.

I am looking forward to replacing my Ultimate TV with a HD-DVR. The problem has been the protracted roll-out of the SWM or Slimlime-SWM. I may have to obtain a SWM-8 and intall it myself.

The Ultimate TV receiver still functions fine as a SD receiver. It isn't able to receive the Game Lounge channels and lacks some of the interactivity of the recent tunners. The DVR functions with the program guide still work well. I haven't used the WebTV functions in years.

I am looking forward to replacing my Ultimate TV with a HD-DVR. The problem has been the protracted roll-out of the SWM or Slimlime-SWM. I may have to obtain a SWM-8 and intall it myself.

Installing this stuff is NOT rocket science, I'm sure if you do your normal dish stuff you'll be able to do this too.
Afterall, look at some of these guys they have installing for them ...

That is not a slam against any installer, there are plenty of good one's, but there are also plenty that should not be too...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts