Unable to connect to Hopper from outside of my network

samalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Waco, Texas
When I'm at home I can connect to the Hopper from my tablet and phone without any issue. I can watch live TV, play from the DVR, check the guide, everything. When i'm away from home using my mobile phone whether on the cell network or someone else's Wifi it doesn't work. Attached is the error I'm getting.

Is there something I need to open up in my Firewall for this to work? And if so do I need to setup an Static IP on the Hopper so this won't break if DHCP assigns it a new IP?

Thanks-

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-02-12-48-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-02-12-48-00.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 200
When I'm at home I can connect to the Hopper from my tablet and phone without any issue. I can watch live TV, play from the DVR, check the guide, everything. When i'm away from home using my mobile phone whether on the cell network or someone else's Wifi it doesn't work. Attached is the error I'm getting.

Is there something I need to open up in my Firewall for this to work? And if so do I need to setup an Static IP on the Hopper so this won't break if DHCP assigns it a new IP?

Thanks-

Try what's discussed in this thread. It's older but should still apply.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/hopper-and-sling-adapter.283998/

Who is your ISP? Are you using there wireless router/equipment? If you have a cable provider and use your own router it should be plug and play. If you have a PPPOE say like AT&T and using there equipment that may be the issue. Changes may have to be made to you router settings. I have had Slingboxs used the Slingadapter. Slingboxes need network tweeking in most cases. The adapter and the HWS were plug and play at least for me. Also if you need settings for the router go to slingbox web site. The stuff in the suggested thread are there laid out so you can follow it through. If your equipment is shown here I will try to help. Peace. :)

Reactions: ChadT41