Under the Dome

I finally got to see the pilot episode. It was pretty good, seems there's going to be a lot going on with it. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes and if anything will actually be unveiled during the first season.

Only 1 Fire department ?

Will the dome exhaust the fire ? :eek:

Small town...they don't need more than one fire department, although actually having them inside the dome would help. Offhand, I recall hearing the dome was 20,000 ft. tall (although it didn't look more than a few hundred feet tall in the previews) so I would image the townspeople will have an adequate air supply--as the tune 'All Out of Love' plays in the background--although it may smell like a mesquite BBQ. Also, I cannot image the dome being solid (more like an energy shield) so perhaps the whether can penetrate the dome.

Small town...they don't need more than one fire department, although actually having them inside the dome would help. Offhand, I recall hearing the dome was 20,000 ft. tall (although it didn't look more than a few hundred feet tall in the previews) so I would image the townspeople will have an adequate air supply--as the tune 'All Out of Love' plays in the background--although it may smell like a mesquite BBQ. Also, I cannot image the dome being solid (more like an energy shield) so perhaps the whether can penetrate the dome.

IF not they would all suffocate in short order. I wonder if they thought of digging down and under till they could get out of the barrier?

I'd imagine for the shows sake, if the try that, it's more in the shape of a circle/fish tank with what's above ground resembling a dome

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I thought that within the first 5-minutes. Of course, I get the feeling the dome extends a hundred feet underground. Perhaps they'll be able to escape via a sinkhold. ;)

If they could get out by tunneling down deep it would be a very short series. I have a feeling it is a deep bubble.

Hmmm, wonder what happened to all the Electric, Gas and other utilities that would have been severed when the thing hit the ground and underneath as well, are all these utilities still working in homes and businesses ?

I know the one gal turned on thier Generator for power ... have they shown any over night scenes yet ?

To clirify, the Fire Dept is located within the town and within the dome. The fire trucks and staff just happed to be be in a neighboring town for a parade at the time of the "capping"

Hmmm, wonder what happened to all the Electric, Gas and other utilities that would have been severed when the thing hit the ground and underneath as well, are all these utilities still working in homes and businesses ?

I know the one gal turned on thier Generator for power ... have they shown any over night scenes yet ?

The city just restocked all their propane... Generators do not run for very long without being resupplied. Within a week most will be out of fuel. Remember all the cell phone towers started to fail after Sandy because they could not refuel the backup generators after a few days.

The city just restocked all their propane...
Specifically, it was a nosey-neighbor type who called the police (!!) to report an excessive number of propane trucks going in continually. The implication has to be that this was a planned thing. I haven't read the book so I have no idea if this is the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)