Under the Dome

I'm thinking Norrie was born to someone from Chester's Mill. Perhaps Rose and/or Big Jim? That's how she fits in. A pair of siblings. Just my guess since I have not read the book.

S~

You missed an episode where she meets her dad who is outside the dome. I think it was EP 3 or 4 "visitors day".

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 11

Monday, September 2, 2013

"Speak of the Devil": Big Jim manages to turn the town against Barbie; Maxine targets Barbie's closest ally.

S~

Thats because up till Maxine came around, Jim needed Barbie around, knew that if he really needed help, Barbie would be there, even though Barbie was doing these type of things to keep an eye on Jim.

No, I get it in the "tv-version" - I was just being a bit sarcastic given the actual book. :)

No, I get it in the "tv-version" - I was just being a bit sarcastic given the actual book. :)

I was reading the book, but found it too hard to keep up with along with the TV series, so I put the book down till after the end of the TV season ... once it's over this summer, I'll continue the book.
They are just way too different.

I was reading the book, but found it too hard to keep up with along with the TV series, so I put the book down till after the end of the TV season ... once it's over this summer, I'll continue the book.
They are just way too different.

Extremely so. I am very glad I read the book first. Much more coherent. And Chester's Mill feels MUCH more like a New England town in the King-verse. I have come to enjoy the tv show, but it is not the same.

Series went too far with the Fight Club. I'm giving up on it. I'm sure it's found its target audience and will do well anyway. Fortunately there are other things to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

I really wanted to see something a bit more faithful to the book, even though the ending was cliche'd.

Now that it's been renewed, it's really gone downhill fast... Considering how much Stephen King has written in his career and that has been filmed, you can count on one hand how many have been filmed that were GREAT!

This isn't one of them...

I Didn't like the Fight club either and I think that the introduction of the drug girl and now drowned mother has taken the show off course. I will finish it up for this year since it is almost over ,but I don't know if I will watch it next summer or not.

I Didn't like the Fight club either and I think that the introduction of the drug girl and now drowned mother has taken the show off course. I will finish it up for this year since it is almost over ,but I don't know if I will watch it next summer or not.

The problem is that during the summer there is not much else to watch. This show would not have made it during the regular season, but as a summer show it is a nice diversion.

You know I was just thinking: It takes REAL skill to take a Stephen King story, and make it even MORE stupid! But these guys have done it. LOL.

I think the 'pink stars' are what's left of everybodies brains that is left stuck in the dome...

I really wanted to see something a bit more faithful to the book, even though the ending was cliche'd.

Now that it's been renewed, it's really gone downhill fast... Considering how much Stephen King has written in his career and that has been filmed, you can count on one hand how many have been filmed that were GREAT!

This isn't one of them...

We have had this conversation before, of course, and King makes the point that this show is an adaptation of the book, not a mini-series of it. I'd prefer a faithful mini-series, but it has gotten much better as a loose adaptation; certainly once it was possible to set aside the "they didn't do this like in the book!!" (And that took me 4 or 5 episodes).

They did try to escape. Remember they went under the cement factory. Also the outside tried really hard to break open the dome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)