Upgrade time!

chefly

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
I have a 622 on my main, and the other stuf rates back to pre HD days..I want to upgrade my only single feed rcvr to HD w/DVR,,what option should I go with as far as receivers, and what do u think it will cost me...I am OK with a renewal type deal since I don't have decent options for HD other than Dish

Not sur what you really are asking

I have a 622 on my main, and the other stuf rates back to pre HD days..I want to upgrade my only single feed rcvr to HD w/DVR,,what option should I go with as far as receivers, and what do u think it will cost me...I am OK with a renewal type deal since I don't have decent options for HD other than Dish

If you want to upgrade from a 622 there is really only 1 choice it will be a version of the 722. Either the standard 722 or the new 722k that will be out next month. Only difference between the 2 is that the K will have room for a second OTA module to be added.

You might want to go to Dishnetworkdotcom and check out the info there. I think they try to give options. I'm guessing you're not talking about upgrading the 622, but another non-HD receiver. If so the 722 would be the best, but one of the "elevens" (211, 311, etc.) might be cheaper, though I don't recall their DVR capability.

fitzie

None of the "elevens" are DVRs. The only options available at this time for HD DVR are ViP622/ViP722.

None of the "elevens" are DVRs. The only options available at this time for HD DVR are ViP622/ViP722.
However the 211 & 211k can become DVRs with a one time fee, and no further monthly payments. Only problem is you can't record one thing while you watch another. (Unless one of them is OTA and you are using an OTA antenna)

OK..I have HD to my 622, and am looking to upgrade my sd receiver to hd w/ dvr ..can I get a deal with a re-up? What if any will be montly charge for a second HD rvcvr?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)