ViP622- Just another "2 UHF Remotes" Thread?

Zelf24

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Hey all, first the disclaimer:

I am a noob when it comes to satellites, and I specifically registered on the board to ask this question, lol. Also, as a long time internet forum user, I realize that "Search" is my friend, and tried to use it to the best of its ability in this quandary I have. However, I wasn't sure if the info I found was up to date, so I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for bearing with me so far, haha...

My father recently purchased the Dish ViP622 HD DVR Receiver. It came with the standard package of remotes for TV1 and TV2.

My situation is this: We have a HD LCD television (in the living room) connected via HDMI to the receiver in an adjacent closet. We have a SD television in the back bedroom, and it is connected via the coax outlet built into the wall. Obviously the SD television uses the standard TV2 UHF remote. I need to be able to control my HD TV via UHF as well, seeing as how the actual receiver is in the closet.

I have read the many threads on this, and am stumped. I have read everything from green tabs with a black number "1" on them- to green tabs with a "1" and "UHF Pro" on them. I have also read threads that say it can't be done. Dish tech support claims it cannot be done as well. But alas, I hold out hope.

Frankly, this poor guy (me) is confused.

Can anyone give me a no-nonsense, "to the point" answer of how I could solve my problem via 2 UHF remotes? Can it be done? Also, if anyone has any insightful links to share, please do. I am all ears to this wonderful community!

Thank you all so much! :)

It is easy just get another 6.3 uhf remote (has to be a 6.3). Pull off the blue tab marked tv2. In the slot the tab went into there is a switch. with a paperclip slide it all the way to the right, then slide it one place to the left. So the switch should be one place from the right. Then take the blue tab and with a pair of cutters cut out the inside of the two forks that hold the tab in place. You will notice before you do this that is is tapered to one side in the middle, this is to push the switch in the ohter direction when you insert the tab. By cutting out the center you will prevent this. They make another tab that says tv1 uhf and you would not have to cut out the center, but they are harder to get. After that is done, with the receiver off (on the standby logo screen) with the other uhf remote press the info button to get to the info screen. Then on the new remote press and hold down the sat button until it lights up all buttons. then press another number other than the one tv2 is set to and press #. Then press record and it will make tv1 that address and it should say tv1 ir/uhf pro band A. Pm me if you have any other ?'s

I certainly appreciate the quick and thorough reply, s10zr2. I will attempt to get another 6.3 remote and try the method you have described.

Thanks again!

I would suggest buying one from a place like DishStore. People have reported not getting all the tabs from places on Ebay. With the UHF tab, you would not need to do the paper clip trick.

I just got a 722 setup in single mode and I cannot get the UHF remote to work on the 722. It only works in IR mode.....

Uncle Charlie :D this is how you can win me back

Audio Dropout - Pushing Daisies, WTVD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)