VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No more RAVE

Without RAVE if I were offered a deal that would replace the the 622 w units that will record 3 hd channels at once I'd jump now. This was a major F-up if they don't get them back soon. Voom was one of the only things that made E* Different than D*.

F%$# Dish! They will be losing my business. This has to be the stupidist thing a sat provider has ever done. Turning such a great thing into a PR nightmare.

My knee-jerk reaction to losing Voom was to cancel Dish immediately, but since I'm paid up untiil 6/10, I might as well take a few weeks to mull it over. Right now, the HD channel count between Dish and my cable service is about equal, with Dish having a few HD channels that cable doesn't and vice-versa. My dilemma is that cable has better HD picture quality while Dish has a better DVR. Also, Dish allows me to sub to HD only while cable does not. Decisions, decisions.

i would like my $5 credit now, come on dish get in line with directv

Rave and Treasure HD were the only two HD channels keeping me with E* until Travel Channel HD was added Monday. When D11 is activated and Travel Channel HD is added to D*, which I also have a subscription to, I will cancel my Dish subscription. I don't see a compelling reason to keep Dish once D* adds Travel Channel HD to its lineup.

R.I.P. Rave & Treasure HD. Thanks Rave for the many months of great concerts now archieved on my external drive.

----------------------------------
Now, tell us, do you subscribe to Dish Network programming?
I dont know if he still does yaz ( I think he does, just dont know for sure).

However I know that until recently he DID. SO he would have some percpective

This whole thing is just amazing. I upgraded 2 months ago from a POS 811 with 10 HD channels to the vip722 with the VOOM channels. I had so much new HD I couldn't believe my eyes. I would stay up late just to flip through the channels and there was always something to watch. Most times, too many things to watch. The HD channels in the 9000 range seemed to go on forever.

Suddenly, 2 months later, I seem to be able to flip through the HD channel line-up in a few seconds because most of the "new" HD channels show no HD or stretch it or broadcast in 720 so why even bother watching it. The only high quality HD left is the HDNET HDMOVIES channels and I had those before I switched. I'm paying $20 more per month plus all the installation fees for this crap? I should have kept the old receiver.

This is just sad.

Well all I can do is hope they plan on bringing some of the channels back once Voom gets their stuff together and this is a scare tactic.

I'm really upset that they dropped gameplay hd. That channel had new programmaing every Fri and Sat for cinemaddics and raw play. At least every week. So many good game walkthroughs. Plus, if you didn't want to play the game, you could watch the whole thing on raw play. So many good games I never seen until I watched the show. Yes, it was a LOT of 3 hour repeats, but when something new came on it was worth watching, especially the tourneys. Hope that dish will bring that one back. Now if G4 went HD, that would be different.
If could get G4, Spike, Nickelodeon in HD then I could drop the 250 pkg. I will miss Rave though. Need more concert music channels.

That's probably because their management is in Bermuda with the money they embezzled from DISH. Thanks VOOM, all you had to do was keep it real. Now I get to have a bad day today.

I am with you, my day sucks, I have had Monstershd for a few years now and now I dont.

i'm kind of new to the Dish family - but I always thought when Charlie flipped on the Voom channels most people were like cool..... BUT then the same shows were on all the time! Maybe its just me but I didn't see more then five-eight shows with a 2008 tag on them?

I'm glad Dish is moving past the Voom channels for more mainstream channels

i'm kind of new to the Dish family - but I always thought when Charlie flipped on the Voom channels most people were like cool..... BUT then the same shows were on all the time! Maybe its just me but I didn't see more then five-eight shows with a 2008 tag on them?

Go check your new channels and let me know if you see any repeats.

Every channel has repeats, I know things got bad for a while but Voom was really starting to step up their game even though its probably because of the court situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)