What does LIN have against Sat HD Locals?

Aqualung812

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 22, 2006
Columbus, IN
I have seen several posts refer to LIN TV as the reason for many HD local delays. Do they own some cable companies?

My main sore spot is WISH TV in Indianapolis. They are not in HD on D*, and E* said that there "was not enough HD progamming available" to activate Indy when I called. Since D* didn't get them, I assume E* wasn't able to and decided to move on to a market where LIN wouldn't hold out on them.

I have seen posts about other cities having the same issue and LIN is brought up as the reason. Why? :confused:

I think you answered your own question. This has nothing to do with Lin that I can see. Both E* and D* could carry it if they chose to. So far they don't. In two years they won't really have a choice. DBS, E* especially, have a way of pointing the finger at the network affiliate for lack of carriage even though it was Charlie's decision. Par for the course.

I have seen several posts refer to LIN TV as the reason for many HD local delays. Do they own some cable companies?

My main sore spot is WISH TV in Indianapolis. They are not in HD on D*, and E* said that there "was not enough HD progamming available" to activate Indy when I called. Since D* didn't get them, I assume E* wasn't able to and decided to move on to a market where LIN wouldn't hold out on them.

I have seen posts about other cities having the same issue and LIN is brought up as the reason. Why? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)