Why am I still with Dish?

I have had my own business for about 4 years now. I have no issues. My gut tells me we aren't getting the whole story.
I'm sure that's the case but IV experienced that attitude from Dish before (as I've posted) & if as what I went through, they won't even explain why they can't do it. They just give you "it's just their policy". Even ATT csr nowadays will kinda hint to you that they empathize but their hands are tied but this op reminds me of the same tone I got when I was last with Dish. I explored coming back to Dish last November for that great price lock deal they had then but once the sales rep realized I wasn't ready to close the deal because my move date to my new home wasn't confirmed yet, his attitude changed drastically & made it obvious he was in a mad rush to get me off the phone, although I explained the situation to him when we first started talking & he was the one trying to keep me on the phone to offer one more thing for me to commit. He had no consideration for the company that employs him that he may be pissing off a potential customer & believe me, I'm not a picky customer. I've been a loyal Uverse customer for my business & my parents account & before that Comcast, so you know I've had to put up with alot.

What whole story? I had an account with Dish Network for over 18 years and I want to set up a second location without the "new customer fee's" without the credit checks, without the 2 year commitment, and without the attitude that my previous 18 years worth of business counts for absolutely nothing. It's not that hard.

I never said I wanted to mirror my existing account for free at the new location.

I honestly don't think he is trying to account stack. I think he just is pissed about having a two year contract on the second account and wanted some leeway since he has a 18 year old account now and already has been credit checked. Basically now he is being treated like some new joe off the street. Makes sense he is pissed.

I can see both sides here. Dish has policies that basically make it so they can't consider the first account and have to treat him as a newbie.

Not sure how many receivers you need but you could do a self install with no contract pretty cheap.

Reminded me why I dropped them a few years ago but I was only with them for a couple years. Had a defective original Hopper & just asked it to be replaced with a HWS without the $200 charge since my unit was defective. It wasn't that they couldn't do it that ticked me off but it was the supervisor's take it or leave it attitude. I was up to that point willing to live with their inferior pq, constant channel blackouts & dispute but that guy's attitude just pushed me over the edge to Direct that very week. And lo & behold, 1 month after I got a come back to Dish offer with a free HWS & hundreds of dollars of discounts & incentives that I wasn't even asking for originally.

The new Hopper, UI & price lock plans are tempting me to comeback but your story has brought some pause as it seems like although their equipment continue to improve their customer service still sucks.
I have pretty much the same exact story. Except I was with Directv and ended with Dish.

I honestly don't think he is trying to account stack. I think he just is pissed about having a two year contract on the second account and wanted some leeway since he has a 18 year old account now and already has been credit checked. Basically now he is being treated like some new joe off the street. Makes sense he is pissed.

I can see both sides here. Dish has policies that basically make it so they can't consider the first account and have to treat him as a newbie.

Not sure how many receivers you need but you could do a self install with no contract pretty cheap.
In the C-Band days I did my own install & that was with a 16 foot dish. Never tried it with these smaller dish. I figured you need some specialized equipment to align the dish hence always went with a professional install although after the alignment, with a little advice of course, I figure I could take care of the rest. I like tinkering with these things as it was a hobby of mine when I was younger but with a slew of old satellite equipment in my cupboards, I'm now reluctant to buy any equipment & prefer to lease as I don't see the benefit nowadays to own. I'm definitely open to advice & opinions on this though.

I have pretty much the same exact story. Except I was with Directv and ended with Dish.
:D....I totally can see that.....I'm now a cordcutter waiting for one of these jokers to earn my business back. Dish is in the lead due to their investment in new technology & a little understanding of the emerging market with their Sling TV service of which I'm a subscriber. But Jallen0's posts have made me pause to rethink Dish. I hate giving my money to organizations that don't prioritize their customers needs.

I could see getting upset if you were a brand new customer. He already has one account and has been given the discounts once. DISH has rules A second account doesn't get *NEW* customer pricing as you are a NEW customer. Its not DISH's fault. Its the way they run the business. The reps can't can't change that unless they want to lose their job. I can tell you I wouldn't want to lose mine over something so trivial.

I could see getting upset if you were a brand new customer. He already has one account and has been given the discounts once. DISH has rules A second account doesn't get *NEW* customer pricing as you are a NEW customer. Its not DISH's fault. Its the way they run the business. The reps can't can't change that unless they want to lose their job. I can tell you I wouldn't want to lose mine over something so trivial.
I agree about the reps but from my experience & from Jallen0 post I'm getting a feel of a pressure cooker environment at Dish for the employees to stick to the "Company First" policies or else & damn the customers. That's doing business in the past & today's customers are not going to stand for that much longer......see Amazon vs Walmart, T-Mobile vs ATT, Netflix vs Cable/Satellite, etc. Employees of these companies are probably in a pressure cooker environment, which is not okay either, but at least they seem to be doing it for "Customer First".

I agree about the reps but from my experience & from Jallen0 post I'm getting a feel of a pressure cooker environment at Dish for the employees to stick to the "Company First" policies or else & damn the customers. That's doing business in the past & today's customers are not going to stand for that much longer......see Amazon vs Walmart, T-Mobile vs ATT, Netflix vs Cable/Satellite, etc. Employees of these companies are probably in a pressure cooker environment, which is not okay either, but at least they seem to be doing it for "Customer First".
So you're saying the reps should do whatever and not worry about it. Do you want your employees doing the same in your business. You'll go belly up letting that happen to long.

In the C-Band days I did my own install & that was with a 16 foot dish. Never tried it with these smaller dish. I figured you need some specialized equipment to align the dish hence always went with a professional install although after the alignment, with a little advice of course, I figure I could take care of the rest. I like tinkering with these things as it was a hobby of mine when I was younger but with a slew of old satellite equipment in my cupboards, I'm now reluctant to buy any equipment & prefer to lease as I don't see the benefit nowadays to own. I'm definitely open to advice & opinions on this though.
Hear ya on that. I only mention because there is no contract that way. You can use the receiver to point the fish even do no extra tools to buy. It's pretty simple as long as you install the mast level.

No prob. Actually DiRT seems to get good reviews here on handling situations even when the subscriber doesn't get what they want but when you call in, it's a whole different situation, tone & knowledge wise.
That is very true. Love DIRT hate calling in to a CSR. I think a big issue is the over seas call centers.

If you're only going to be in this second location a year then the 2 year contract with DirecTV is going to be an issue, so that leaves you with cable or buying your own equipment. Dishes and ViP receivers can be purchased very inexpensively.