Wow terrible service with Dish moving to Directv

That's an excellent point. As I mentioned a few months back about a coworker that has A stacked Dish account with 4 Hoppers, 3 Joeys & two 211k's split among 5 people. If I remember correctly he said they have Americas Everything with BB@Home and the bill is split evenly among the 5. Now I don't know what the total monthly cost would be but he told me that if they ever lost the account that none of the 5 of them would sign up on there own but rather someone else in the group would sign up and the process would start over again, or they would just not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, with this configuration, one Hopper would stay alive and 3 Hoppers, 3 Joeys, and two 211s would become permanent bricks. Once they turn these off, and they will, you can't turn them back on, unless you pass, and they will be useless. You can't sell them because they are forever shut down. It is not so simple to just move the paying customer to one of the other locations.

Some thing just isn't right here. If you care so much about programming then just give then the numbers and be done with it. How is going to D* going to help? I have a feeling the op is not telling us something.

So, with this configuration, one Hopper would stay alive and 3 Hoppers, 3 Joeys, and two 211s would become permanent bricks. Once they turn these off, and they will, you can't turn them back on, unless you pass, and they will be useless. You can't sell them because they are forever shut down. It is not so simple to just move the paying customer to one of the other locations.
I think he said that they were going to take the equipment as a loss since his stackers all paid for their own equipment and he would pay the final bill, sell off the good Hopper & start over. It seems like a lot of trouble just to get a break on the monthly bill. He reminded me that he might never even get an audit. Then I said its not if its when & walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 x Hopper ($250 from Dish Depot) = $750
3 x Joey ($90 ") = $270
2 x 211k ($90 ") = $270
Total equipment outlay = $1290. Each person has to fork over $258 to start this or start over when caught.

Dish Everything + BB is, I think, $135/month, divided by 5 people, less than $30/mo for service. I'm not including all of the receiver fees in this calculation either. I just don't buy this story.... I could see someone doing it once, maybe twice, but after that, no way someone will play that game. It could last years, of course, but they could also get caught pretty quickly. Personally, if I were Dish, if someone signs up and gets (1) receiver or maybe (2), then all of a sudden adds 3, 4, or 5 additional receivers, that's a pretty big, fricking red flag !!

If the equipment is leased and shut down and never turned back on as a result of an audit then Dish would want those receivers back (the ones that are not purchased).

Also, if the account is within a term commitment, and get audited, and fails, the term commitment is still upheld.

Here is an update and clarification

First I owe my receivers since I hate being under contract
2 hoppers
2 joey
211k for tailgating

I moved to different state because I was transferred at work.
I let dishnetwork know I moved to a different location via chat also I mentioned that I was interested in getting Directv since they have some great offers and if they could match it since I love the hopper. I got some credit since I have been a good customer with no late payments the past 2 years.

I like setting up my own equipment since it's like a hobby for me, a week later they called me while i was at work i couldn't answer since I was busy.

When I got home I noticed all my receivers where desactivated except the main hopper

I finally got a hold of the verification team and this happened:
First i spent about 45 minutes with an agent then i got disconnected
Got another rep and spent another 30 minutes verifying everything.

Finally I was done the rep says BTW you will need to send us a utility bill so we can activate all your receivers again
that's fine but I just moved in and will take 2-3 weeks before I get a bill. :argue

This is definitely the worst customer service ever.
I prefer the dish hopper receiver over what Directv has to offer.
But treating me the way they did draws the line.

I'm getting Directv since I'm not waiting 2-3 weeks.
Once I get my bill I'll send it to them so I can sell my equipment on ebay or craiglist since I dont want to do business with them ever again.

Last edited:
And make sure to performa. Call out on the receiver, so that there is no perceived PPV or vod left on the smart card.

So yesterday I had a chat with a customer employee for retention to stay with Dish network

today while I'm still at work I get a call from my son complaining that dish didn't work in his room.

I log into my account and to my surprise all my receivers have been removed.......
Here is an update and clarification

I moved to different state because I was transferred at work.
I let dishnetwork know I moved to a different location via chat also I mentioned that I was interested in getting Directv since they have some great offers and if they could match it since I love the hopper. I got some credit since I have been a good customer with no late payments the past 2 years.

I like setting up my own equipment since it's like a hobby for me, a week later they called me while i was at work i couldn't answer since I was busy.

When I got home I noticed all my receivers where desactivated except the main hopper

Two different accounts of what happened?

Another person taking an offensive approach.
I guess until your in my position you will know how it feels like.

Yes my son called me and I did answer his phone call, but I don't answer phone calls from unknown phone numbers

It's until I got home I realized it was dish on my voice mail.

BTW i made a new post to clarify exactly what happened since I was angry on the first post and I didn't post exactly what happened.

Anything else Tampa8?

Jeeze it's just satellite TV life goes on, I'm just letting the forum know my horrible customer service experience.

If you want to delete this thread because I have offended anybody by just letting people know my experience then go ahead I have no problem.

Two different accounts of what happened?

I don't want you to feel offended, but those read like two different accounts of what happened to me.

You already had discounts, but were on the phone for retention - for more discounts?
Your Son called you and you realized all your receivers were turned off, 2nd post you realized when you got home they were turned off, and not all of them.

When Hopper receivers are leased DISH insists on installing them.. Perhaps buying all your receivers - and in addition a 211 became a red flag when they were not installing them, and as I first posted when you called them (again) to negotiate after already getting a deal they looked at your account became suspicious.

Been watching this thread from the beginning. Didn't know what stacking was and didn't want to ask, felt like I would be asking a dumb question. I also have issues with some of the abbreviations used.

But anyhow, my 2 year contract will be up this spring. As much as I like my 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys, I will start shopping for a new deal. I wired my home so that it isn't a big deal for the next installer, be it cable or that other satellite provider, with whom I had issues with a few years ago. I get lots of love letters wanting me back. I can live with losing my recordings.

It's kind of silly to have to play this game and I like Dish. I'm gonna do what is best for my wallet. TV watching got too dang expensive.

I moved into my current home in 1978. My cable bill was 5.50$ a month for many years. I had many channels and no boxes were needed. Premium Boxes appeared and things slowly got worse, price wise. I sometimes think about dumping it all and use my antenna and Netflix.

Reactions: dare2be
I moved into my current home in 1978. My cable bill was 5.50$ a month for many years. I had many channels and no boxes were needed. Premium Boxes appeared and things slowly got worse, price wise.
That must have been a very long time ago. I had lifeline ten years ago and it was $9.99 for 28 channels (mostly locals).
I sometimes think about dumping it all and use my antenna and Netflix.
Netflix has been a big yawn for me. Lots of movies and most of them don't garner more than a three star rating. OTA is dead to me for at least four months out of the year (the reruns aren't better than they originals and they usually skip episodes).

Those who hold up Netflix as the solution probably haven't been limited to using it.

Those who hold up Netflix as the solution probably haven't been limited to using it.
I agree. We've had it on and off over the years and up until about a year and a half ago, it was "off" for 2-3 years. Re-enrolled and it was great. Watched a lot of stuff and now.... nothing.... Other than our 5 year old, we pretty much watch ZERO movies - only TV shows or some documentary-type stuff. If I sat down 5 times and browsed through it, maybe 1 time will I end up watching something.

From what was posted earlier, directv does not do this for residential accounts, but will sue you in a heart beat for what should be commercial accounts for similar but slightly different things.

With DirecTV, it's probably 99% of the time related to Sunday Ticket and the NFL may be pretty strict about this and D's enforcement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts