Yankees Sign Teixeira

The Red Sox can afford to pay Big Papi whatever they want.

Sandra

And they could afford to pay Tex as well, they made thier offer and showed some common sense, didn't play Boris's game and the yankees did, thats all...
It will be even more fun to watch the yankees this year NOT make the playoffs after signing the top three players in the Big leagues and ask for donations from the public.

Go Sox and Rays

As a die hard METS fan, all I have to say is everyone should be pissed . . . Yankees, once again, are killing the free agency market for every team regardless of the team's city size, tv audience, marketability, etc. . . . BUT AS US METS FANS HAVE SAID BEFORE, A-ROD IS A VIRUS ON ANY TEAM AND WITH HIM, THEY WILL NEVER WIN!!!!!!

I can understand people from the small markets complaining, but MET FANS?!? Jeesh.

Sandra

Not complaining . . . look what I said . . . everyone should be pissed . . . and when do the Mets overspend . . . Johan was conservative . . .

As a die hard METS fan, all I have to say is everyone should be pissed . . . Yankees, once again, are killing the free agency market for every team regardless of the team's city size, tv audience, marketability, etc. . . . BUT AS US METS FANS HAVE SAID BEFORE, A-ROD IS A VIRUS ON ANY TEAM AND WITH HIM, THEY WILL NEVER WIN!!!!!!

Nope,
They can take A Rod off the team and they can still manage to NOT win :)

New Mastercard Commercial:

Texeira and Sabathia: 350 million

New Stadium: whatever the hell they paid; plus whatever nyc is going to fine them for how they re-negged on their original deal with the city

Missing out on the Playoffs: PRICELESS

Sandra, I overly care about the Yankees as a baseball fan . . . BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RUINING THE GAME WITH THEIR FRIVOLOUS SPENDING AND CASHMAN-YODI TRADES

New Mastercard Commercial:

Texeira and Sabathia: 350 million

New Stadium: whatever the hell they paid; plus whatever nyc is going to fine them for how they re-negged on their original deal with the city

Missing out on the Playoffs: PRICELESS

How do you feel about Citibank paying the Mets $20M per year for naming rights? You forgot to mention that. ;)

Sandra

As an Angel fan I'm frustrated that very few big names want to play in so cal. Don't people relise the weather is great and the women are WAAAAAY better looking in so cal?
The women there have NOTHING to do with the baseball players signing there at all....
They certianly can afford any woman they want at the going prices of the contracts these days.

Can't believe I just posted this

Sandra, I overly care about the Yankees as a baseball fan . . . BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RUINING THE GAME WITH THEIR FRIVOLOUS SPENDING AND CASHMAN-YODI TRADES

Yes they ruined the game by not winning a championship in eight years and not even making the playoffs this year. :rolleyes:

Sandra

The women there have NOTHING to do with the baseball players signing there at all....
They certianly can afford any woman they want at the going prices of the contracts these days.

Can't believe I just posted this

Neither can I. :p

So what is the going price for women these days anyway?

Sandra

win or loss, it's money that has been spent . . . texeira's contract could probably buy, at least, 7 teams right now . . . that is ridiculous and usurps the balance in the world of baseball

naming rights and contracts are completely different . . . neither affect the game . . . i do not see boras pimping out banks for corporate sponsorships of stadiums either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)