Yankees Sign Teixeira

What a spending spree! But I guess getting rid of Giambi's contract helped a little with the offset. My Angels are going to have to take a long hard look at Manny now.

Actually, coming off the Yankees' payrol this year is Giambi ($21M), Abreu ($16M), Mussina ($11M), Pavano ($11M), and possibly Pettite ($16M). That's a total of possibly $75M to spend.

Manny could be next.

Sandra

What a spending spree! But I guess getting rid of Giambi's contract helped a little with the offset. My Angels are going to have to take a long hard look at Manny now.

Actually, coming off the Yankees' payrol this year is Giambi ($21M), Abreu ($16M), Mussina ($11M), Pavano ($11M), and possibly Pettite ($16M). That's a total of possibly $75M to spend.

Manny could be next.

Sandra

Ok, you save 75M and spend 400M, thats fiscal responsibility.

Is Teixeira gonna play 1B, or DH? I guess with Giambi leaving, it's 1B. So now when Big Papi is a free agent in 2011, he'll go to the Yanks too. When is Matsui's contract up?

Big Papi will be gone by allstar break or season end in a trade if he dosen't produce this season for some younger player(s) because he dosen't have Manny to protect him and not healthy.

Look where it got you last year. :eek:

Yeah, really. Today should be a day of celebration for Yankee haters. Why does everyone sound so disgusted?

The Yankees will pay even more in luxury tax, probably not win a championship, and you'll all be happy! :)

If anyone remembers, I was the one who said the Yankees would spend like 'drunken sailors' this off-season. Not the most difficult prediction to make, but I bet they're not done either... ;)

Sandra

As a die hard METS fan, all I have to say is everyone should be pissed . . . Yankees, once again, are killing the free agency market for every team regardless of the team's city size, tv audience, marketability, etc. . . . BUT AS US METS FANS HAVE SAID BEFORE, A-ROD IS A VIRUS ON ANY TEAM AND WITH HIM, THEY WILL NEVER WIN!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts