Yankees Sign Teixeira

thowe21

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 26, 2007
Torrance, CA
What a spending spree! But I guess getting rid of Giambi's contract helped a little with the offset. My Angels are going to have to take a long hard look at Manny now.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Actually, coming off the Yankees' payrol this year is Giambi ($21M), Abreu ($16M), Mussina ($11M), Pavano ($11M), and possibly Pettite ($16M). That's a total of possibly $75M to spend.

Manny could be next.

Sandra

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
What a spending spree! But I guess getting rid of Giambi's contract helped a little with the offset. My Angels are going to have to take a long hard look at Manny now.

Actually, coming off the Yankees' payrol this year is Giambi ($21M), Abreu ($16M), Mussina ($11M), Pavano ($11M), and possibly Pettite ($16M). That's a total of possibly $75M to spend.

Manny could be next.

Sandra

Ok, you save 75M and spend 400M, thats fiscal responsibility.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Is Teixeira gonna play 1B, or DH? I guess with Giambi leaving, it's 1B. So now when Big Papi is a free agent in 2011, he'll go to the Yanks too. When is Matsui's contract up?

roachxp

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
Big Papi will be gone by allstar break or season end in a trade if he dosen't produce this season for some younger player(s) because he dosen't have Manny to protect him and not healthy.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Look where it got you last year. :eek:

Yeah, really. Today should be a day of celebration for Yankee haters. Why does everyone sound so disgusted?

The Yankees will pay even more in luxury tax, probably not win a championship, and you'll all be happy! :)

If anyone remembers, I was the one who said the Yankees would spend like 'drunken sailors' this off-season. Not the most difficult prediction to make, but I bet they're not done either... ;)

Sandra

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
As a die hard METS fan, all I have to say is everyone should be pissed . . . Yankees, once again, are killing the free agency market for every team regardless of the team's city size, tv audience, marketability, etc. . . . BUT AS US METS FANS HAVE SAID BEFORE, A-ROD IS A VIRUS ON ANY TEAM AND WITH HIM, THEY WILL NEVER WIN!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)