Yet another broadband connection thread!!!

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
My two Hoppers and two Joeys been doing great hooked via a HIC for weeks. Started noticing a connection issue when watching on my iPad via SA. Checked my connection on one of my Hoppers and all is RED FAILED. After a few minutes all would green up, and then fail again. Network reset. No help. Unplugged, plugged HIC back in, no help. All four boxes at the latest software version. Not saying this is related to the new software roll out, but........

Just realized this is in the wrong place. Sorry. Could a MOD move this to the Hopper Zone please.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Started haveing problems with the Joeys linking to the Hoppers. So I reset all the boxes, and my broadband stayed green all last night. Watched some DVR stuff via SA during breaks here at work this morning with no issues. Just now tried again and my Hoppers are once again offline.:mad:

o the moca is the connection between the hopper, joey, and the hic. go to system info and the moca should be at the top. if its green then thats not the problem.

Whiteyguy said:
o the moca is the connection between the hopper, joey, and the hic. go to system info and the moca should be at the top. if its green then thats not the problem.

MoCA green with full bars. Broadband red.

Let me add that I removed the HIC from the system and hooked one of the Hoppers up Ethernet. The Hopper saw that Ethernet was now connected, I would select it, but it would stay connected to MoCA. did a reset with the same results.

stimpson said:
Let me add that I removed the HIC from the system and hooked one of the Hoppers up Ethernet. The Hopper saw that Ethernet was now connected, I would select it, but it would stay connected to MoCA. did a reset with the same results.

On the broadband status screen, there's a drop down option (red I thinly, not looking right now). If you're plugged directly in, change it to top or bottom depending on which you used & then see if you get connectivity. MoCa will only show connection if the HIC still set up. Problem with hard line to the router is the joeys don't get DLNA access unless also hard lined.
If your HIC connection isn't working, it could be a bad HIC, bad line/connection, or possibly a problem with the network connetion the HIC has.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Aidan8et said:
On the broadband status screen, there's a drop down option (red I thinly, not looking right now). If you're plugged directly in, change it to top or bottom depending on which you used & then see if you get connectivity. MoCa will only show connection if the HIC still set up. Problem with hard line to the router is the joeys don't get DLNA access unless also hard lined.
If your HIC connection isn't working, it could be a bad HIC, bad line/connection, or possibly a problem with the network connetion the HIC has.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

I would select the Ethernet port that was connected in the drop down, reset connection, and it would change back to MoCA. Maybe I should have disconnected the cable connection during the reset. As far as the HIC goes, I'm beginning to think its going bad. All was good the first few weeks, now this.

I changed out the ethernet cable, and both HomePlug adapters. Been connected solid so far. Left my iPad on and running the DRA while at work today. So far so good. The receiver dropped off line once. I was in the middle of a long fast forward (no resume function anymore:mad:) when it happened. After I closed DRA, it came back online after about 2-3 minutes.

Subscription list question

Help getting Easter Arc Savannah locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)