Yet another Kudo to DIRT

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Thanks to Matt, I am getting the 118 sat for no cost. (EuroNews/TVJapan moving) I have the EA, but also use 119 for AAD. My account shows I have 118, but that was necessary at the time to get Euronews added, without it the system would not do it. He had it figured out in minutes and with an appointment made for Friday morning.

I can only guess how it would have gone on the phone with a regular CSR;
CSR - May I help you
Me - Yes, I need to get a 118 satellite installed. My account shows I have one, but I don't really. I can explain why.
CSR - What programming are you going to be adding
Me - None, I subscribe to EuroNews, it was on the 61.5 satellite but it no longer is.
CSR - I show it as being on the 61.5 satellite and you already have the 118 satellite.
Me - It was, it was taken off today, I don't really have the 118 satellite.
CSR - EuroNews is not available as a single channel.
Me - Now it isn't, but I am Grandfathered
CSR - Congratulations on being a Grandfather, is it a Granddaughter or Grandson?
Me- Uhh.....never mind..... Thanks.

Thanks to Matt, I am getting the 118 sat for no cost. (EuroNews/TVJapan moving) I have the EA, but also use 119 for AAD. My account shows I have 118, but that was necessary at the time to get Euronews added, without it the system would not do it. He had it figured out in minutes and with an appointment made for Friday morning.

CSR - May I help you
Me - Yes, I need to get a 118 satellite installed. My account shows I have one, but I don't really. I can explain why.
Me - None, I subscribe to EuroNews, it was on the 61.5 satellite but it no longer is.
CSR - I show it as being on the 61.5 satellite.
Me - It was, it was taken off today.
CSR - Congratulations on being a Grandfather, is it a Granddaughter or Grandson?

Sadly, some of my latest conversations with the online CSRs (not to say that they are all alike as a whole) have not been that great although not as bad as yours. I agree that the DIRT members are awesome! :)

CSR - May I help you
CSR - I show it as being on the 61.5 satellite and you already have the 118 satellite.
Me - It was, it was taken off today, I don't really have the 118 satellite.

You left out...

CSR - Please find the power cord and unplug it for 20 seconds and let me know what you see when the receiver powers back up.

Installer called before arriving as promised. As Matt advised me might happen he really didn't know about AAD or that I would need to keep 119 along with 61.5 and 72, and also now have 118. He quickly figured out what he had to do, put in a new WA dish, with 118 and 119, connected just as the 500 was using a DPP44 switch. No problems, works great. And yes, I did tip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)