Your Predictions For The New Year

Like a few posters, I'd hope to see NBCSN be moved to a lower package such as DA or 200. IF it happens it may not be until 2015 for NASCAR if even then.

Seems like DISH creates some kind of mini-pack ever few years. Curious of they may not try another one of those this year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What do I win if I get this right?

Prediction:

At CES
=======
Dish announces the Hopper now has Super Powers by plugging in a USB connect Roku. The Roku now shows up as Channel 000 on the guide.
The new commercial shows that old guy from the Happpa family with a Red Cape.
They also sell a Security Camera and Light control device that also plugs into the USB Hopper USB.
Dish now makes a lot of money selling USB add ons for the Hopper.

Spring
======
Dish allow announces they purchased Roku.
Dish sells all there air wave cell frequencies to Sprint in exchange for profitable bundling deals where Dish makes most of the profit.
Dish takes the sales money from the cell freq sales and then buys Netfix combined with the Roku add on Dish sells the Netflix subscription for $1 less than when you can get it if your not a Dish or Sprint customer.

Like a few posters, I'd hope to see NBCSN be moved to a lower package such as DA or 200. IF it happens it may not be until 2015 for NASCAR if even then.

Seems like DISH creates some kind of mini-pack ever few years. Curious of they may not try another one of those this year.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A pack where you get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz main channels only for $10 that may be more profitable then having customers add and drop when their favorite show is on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prediction:

At CES
=======
Dish announces the Hopper now has Super Powers by plugging in a USB connect Roku. The Roku now shows up as Channel 000 on the guide.
The new commercial shows that old guy from the Happpa family with a Red Cape.
They also sell a Security Camera and Light control device that also plugs into the USB Hopper USB.
Dish now makes a lot of money selling USB add ons for the Hopper.

Spring
======
Dish allow announces they purchased Roku.
Dish sells all there air wave cell frequencies to Sprint in exchange for profitable bundling deals where Dish makes most of the profit.
Dish takes the sales money from the cell freq sales and then buys Netfix combined with the Roku add on Dish sells the Netflix subscription for $1 less than when you can get it if your not a Dish or Sprint customer.

As long as you are dreaming BIG ,how about a giant refund to all DISH subs while your at it?;)

Seriously though, the one inescapable factor in all your predictions is that it all depends on Charlie Ergen. We have already seen how he doesn't work or play well with others. I don't see him being able to do any of those partnerships because he always wants to be in total control of everything in the deal.

Prediction:

At CES
=======

Interesting thought, why not just have the Hopper able to record TCP/IP camera streams

Interesting thought, why not just have the Hopper able to record TCP/IP camera streams

Now THAT would be nice. But there would have to be a way of burning a disc or sending the video elsewhere, in case the police need it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The NFL will adopt rules similar to CSPN for camera angles. But, instead of requiring the camera to only focus on "the action", they will instead require that the camera NOT display the empty seats as big screen TV's move the view to house parties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)