0% Signal on a Slimline 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GBP

Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
miami
Hello,

I have recently purchased a slimline 5 LNB dish from ebay, have mounted it and receive no signal from any satellite. I have installed this type of dish before and have never had a problem. The dish was new judging from the lack of marks that are associated with the assembly of a new dish. I have tested the 5 LNB’s on another dish of the same type and they work fine. I have also tested the receiver on another slimline 5 and it also works. I have changed, tested, and am using RG6 with a solid copper center conductor rated @ 3 GHz. I live in the Miami area and the receiver and online web sites state that I should use 53 deg Tilt and 52 deg Elevation pointed southwest. Also the other installations of the same dish using those numbers have worked fine. The mast is perfectly level using the leveling device located inside the top of the mast and I have confirmed that with an external level as well. I have set the rough elevation and tilt settings and performed a slow sweep basically from east to west and receive no signal on a H11 receiver. I then incremented the elevation, starting on 40 deg and ending on 60 deg, by one deg and performed the same slow sweep with the same results. There is absolutely nothing blocking the line of site and it was a clear, cloudless day. The next day I purchased a satellite finder from radio shack and repeated all the previous steps with no luck. The dish seems to look normal with no obvious dents or damage, and the arm which holds the LNB’s looks straight. All in all I still get 0% signal on all satellite transponders. I would appreciate it tremendously if anyone had any suggestions, or if anyone has heard of a defective dish with a functioning LNB.

I looked at dishpointer.com for miami and found these results.
Name: DirecTV 5 LNB (99, 101, 103, 110, 119W)
Elevation: 52.0°
Azimuth (true): 221.2°
Azimuth (magn.): 227.0°
Dish Skew : 53.7°

So it looks fine for alignment.
Just set the tilt and elevation (make sure you use the correct indication on the dish for elevation) and then move the azimuth slowly and stopping for a few seconds to allow the receiver time to lock in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)