$0 upfront program

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I've read the Voom FAQ THREAD, but it didn't answer my question. If I sign up for $0 upfront program, can I get more than 1 receiver? If I get 2, what would charges be(not counting programming?). Thanks.

Should be $24 plus whatever your package is for two receivers.
$9.50 rental for each, plus an additional $5 for the second receiver.

Here's a cut & paste from my bill.

Monthly Charges
05/27 - 06/26/04 VOOM IRD Rental $9.50
05/27 - 06/26/04 1 additional VOOM IRD Rental @ $9.50 $9.50
05/27 - 06/26/04 MULTIRD $0.00
05/27 - 06/26/04 1 additional MULTIRD @ $5.00 $5.00
05/27 - 06/26/04 Va Va VOOM $79.90
05/27 - 06/26/04 1 additional Va Va VOOM @ $0.00 $0.00
Fees And Taxes
05/28/04 FRANCH FEE EQUIP/SMT/REM $5.09
Total New Charges (including taxes) $108.99

$0 upfront deal

Thanks sixy, thanks for all that typing. The rental fees are pretty steep, $288 per year. I'm currently with Dish Network. I'm checking into my future options.

I was told by a Voom CSR that if you do their lease program you will get every technological update (like their HD DVR box this fall) for no additional charges. I like that. Leasing their stuff future proofs yourself.

JimMcC said:
I've read the Voom FAQ THREAD, but it didn't answer my question. If I sign up for $0 upfront program, can I get more than 1 receiver? If I get 2, what would charges be(not counting programming?). Thanks.

If you are planning to have two receivers, do it at the initial installation since it is installed free. If you decide to install one now and then later decide to install second one, it will be $200.

Yes you can get more than one receiver with 0 upfront. I just did. I had 2 receivers installed. While I haven't been billed yet, I'm told the cost will be 39.95 for the basic package, 9.95 per month for each receiver and 5.00 per month for a multiple receiver setup. Approximately 65.00 per month exclusive of tax implications.

I signed up for the 0 up front cost system. I was under the impression that I was not going to be paying anything for the box. I didnt even think I was going to be paying rent! What gives?! I just got my bill and sure enough, Im being charged rent.

Neutron said:
I was told by a Voom CSR that if you do their lease program you will get every technological update (like their HD DVR box this fall) for no additional charges. I like that. Leasing their stuff future proofs yourself.
can anyone else confirm that? if so, good news! :)

obba said:

I was told the same thing a while back by a CSR. But, we all know how these CSR statements tend to lead to nothing when the time comes for Voom to put their money where their mouth is. Just have to wait awhile and I do mean more than "a couple of weeks" to see where this goes. :p

Don't listen to the CSR for any info,the same goes for D* and E*'s CSRs.

obba said:

I think what they are saying, is that renters will always have the current model because otherwise they couldn't watch TV. If you buy your box outright and then Voom switches the Voom system over to a newer motorola super 3550 ultra deluxe, you are out of luck, you must buy a new one or rent the new one. Same thing applies if the box is defective and breaks 1 day outside the warranty (whatever it may be). While the renters, will simply have their box replaced.

--Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)