Program Times

henderson_tony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Hello,

Just got voom installed a few weeks ago. And after all of my homework and research that I did, did I not realize all of the programming (excluding OTA which isn't working for me yet) is on an eastern time? I just wanted to verify this. BTW- I live on the west coast.

thanks for any help,
Tony

Yes, this is the case with all DBS providers. Most of their programming is based on East Coast time except for a few channels.

henderson_tony said:
Hello,

Just got voom installed a few weeks ago. And after all of my homework and research that I did, did I not realize all of the programming (excluding OTA which isn't working for me yet) is on an eastern time? I just wanted to verify this. BTW- I live on the west coast.

thanks for any help,
Tony
Do you have the current software, 5.68. Press help then info. The bottom box should say 5.68. If it does not shut your STB off at the end of your day. You will receive new software overnight.

Also does Voom have your correct zip code. Is the on screen guide time on PDT or EDT?

Wow guys. Thanks for the lightning quick replies. No, I do not have the current software. I was told after a few days it would DL, but after 4 days no luck. However, I have not been powering my system off at night. The onscreen time is one hour behind as i understand this to be a software issue.

thanks again,
Tony

When everything is properly configured, I believe you should see your local time both on screen and on line.

henderson_tony said:
Wow guys. Thanks for the lightning quick replies. No, I do not have the current software. I was told after a few days it would DL, but after 4 days no luck. However, I have not been powering my system off at night. The onscreen time is one hour behind as i understand this to be a software issue.

thanks again,
Tony
Where should I send the bill for services rendered?

Once i get this PG working properly, then we can discuss compensation, or more then likely lack there of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts