$0 upfront deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
If I sign up for this deal & 2 receivers and I decide I want to keep Voom long term, can I convert to purchase receivers to save rental fees, $288 per year with 2 receivers, or is that a bad idea? $288 a year is a lot of money just to rent equipment. Your thoughts please.

Jim,

My suggestion would be to rent until DVR is out with home multi-media. Once you experiment DVR, you would like one of those.

Sean Mota

But will the DVR have a HD tuner. I currently have the Dish Network 811.

I was told with this deal Voom requires a major credit card for billing, I asked about my debit card with a MC logo and I was told that bank cards will not work with their system. Is this true?

Neutron said:
I was told with this deal Voom requires a major credit card for billing, I asked about my debit card with a MC logo and I was told that bank cards will not work with their system. Is this true?

If your debit card has the MasterCard or Visa logo, it is no different than a regular credit card, and it will work. Just don't mention debit card.

Neutron said:
I use the exact card you mentioned. dont tell them its a debit card they wont know any difference. its got a MC logo, tell them its a MC card. technically it is both, depends on how you use it. I dont consider that dishonest.

I signed up online and did not enter any of my credit card info. They have installed my system and I have yet to give them any credit card info. Haven't planned on it either. I am expecting them to send me a paper bill each month. I guess if I'm forced to I'll give them my card info but would rather not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)