$0 upfront deal

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
If I sign up for this deal & 2 receivers and I decide I want to keep Voom long term, can I convert to purchase receivers to save rental fees, $288 per year with 2 receivers, or is that a bad idea? $288 a year is a lot of money just to rent equipment. Your thoughts please.

Jim,

My suggestion would be to rent until DVR is out with home multi-media. Once you experiment DVR, you would like one of those.

Sean Mota

But will the DVR have a HD tuner. I currently have the Dish Network 811.

I was told with this deal Voom requires a major credit card for billing, I asked about my debit card with a MC logo and I was told that bank cards will not work with their system. Is this true?

Neutron said:
I was told with this deal Voom requires a major credit card for billing, I asked about my debit card with a MC logo and I was told that bank cards will not work with their system. Is this true?

If your debit card has the MasterCard or Visa logo, it is no different than a regular credit card, and it will work. Just don't mention debit card.

Neutron said:
I use the exact card you mentioned. dont tell them its a debit card they wont know any difference. its got a MC logo, tell them its a MC card. technically it is both, depends on how you use it. I dont consider that dishonest.

I signed up online and did not enter any of my credit card info. They have installed my system and I have yet to give them any credit card info. Haven't planned on it either. I am expecting them to send me a paper bill each month. I guess if I'm forced to I'll give them my card info but would rather not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)