Good deal for E* re-signup

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
I had E* for about 7 years before dropping them completely for Voom last year. Who says they don't make any deals if you have been with them before?

Here's what I got:

- The entire "new" customer channels promo deal ($31.99 for top 180 for 3 months + $5 off of the HD pack for 1 year, making it $10/month with Voom
- The $49 activation will be credited on my first bill
- Free install
- The 942 HDDVR (dual tuner) for the $249 with no additional monthly fees
- A second receiver
- $100 fee for 2nd dish waived

What did they get from me? 2 year commitment, which is fine with me after the voom fiasco......

-k

I've been waiting to hear (read) something like this. When I called E*, they tried to sell me a 811 for $500 and no way on a 942. So was this just a call to the right CSR who just happen to be in a good mood? Or are they offering former E*/Voom customers a good deal?

I had E* disconected on the 21st of Dec 04 so I have to wait until june 21st. They told me I was not a customer and I was not a previous customer yet. oooooooooooooooooooook. Then that make me an E* person in jail?
It would cost me $1300.00 to have the equiptment and service. I think I will wait and hope to get the deal you just got.

-scott

Swishallnet said:
I've been waiting to hear (read) something like this. When I called E*, they tried to sell me a 811 for $500 and no way on a 942. So was this just a call to the right CSR who just happen to be in a good mood? Or are they offering former E*/Voom customers a good deal?

As I said, I was with them for about 7 years before. The regular csr gave me to a different person who was able to wheel and deal. I was straight with them. I said "I know you have your rules to prevent people from hopping back and forth to keep getting the new sub deals, and I can respect that. I was with you guys for a long time before, and I am sure you made some good money off of me. I left you to go to Voom, and we both know what happened there. I am eligible for new customer deals with Directv and Comcast, but I would prefer to come back to Dish. Are you willing to give me a similar deal that a new Dish sub would get, or am I wasting my time?"

The negotiations went on from there. They were going to charge me for the second dish, but they said they would waive it. They were not going to refund me the $49.99 activation on my first bill, but then at the end they said they would- without me even asking. I dealt with 2 different people, (2 calls) and both were great. The only real difference is that I have a 2 year commitment, instead of 1.....

-k

Please clairify this for us:
"The 942 HDDVR (dual tuner) for the $249 with no additional monthly fees"
Do you mean you paid the $250.00 to lease the 942 but they are not charging you a monthly fee to lease it??

I just had mine disconnected in March and I got the same deal as the previous poster...be prepared to hang up and call back and argue.

HDwonderer said:
I had E* disconected on the 21st of Dec 04 so I have to wait until june 21st. They told me I was not a customer and I was not a previous customer yet. oooooooooooooooooooook. Then that make me an E* person in jail?
It would cost me $1300.00 to have the equiptment and service. I think I will wait and hope to get the deal you just got.

-scott

ksload...
Asking you to clarify also... you paid "$250 to lease" fee but are not paying the monthly lease fee?

bobaphx said:
ksload...
Asking you to clarify also... you paid "$250 to lease" fee but are not paying the monthly lease fee?

I believe that when I called Dish they said that if the 942 was the only receiver then the DVR fee was waived. (I could be wrong though!)

CDH.

bobaphx said:
Please clairify this for us:
"The 942 HDDVR (dual tuner) for the $249 with no additional monthly fees"
Do you mean you paid the $250.00 to lease the 942 but they are not charging you a monthly fee to lease it??

I am hooking up to 3 tvs. The 942 dual tuner is my "main" box, so they said there would be no monthly fees on it. It serves as a box for 2 different tvs. There will be a $5 monthly fee on the one other box that I will need, and I think there will be the monthly DVR fee.

-k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts