004 error on tuner 2

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
I recently got a refurbished replacement for a dead 722. I noticed that I would get a 004 error (missing channel signal) on certain channels like CNN at some times but not others. Did the usual reboot and check switch to no avail. I finally noticed that the error was present when the receiver was displaying tuner 2 but not when I switched to tuner 1.

Thinking it might be a cable or connection problem, I switched to cables for the satellite inputs and found that error was still only present on tuner 2. Since the error is independent of the cable connection, it makes me think the problem is with tuner 2 in the receiver and not the cable or connections. Plus, I never had this problem with the previous 722, nor the other receivers in the house.

Just wondered if anyone had any other ideas to check before I call Dish for another replacement.

I agree with HIFI that the tuner 2 sounds defective. If you haven't already I would confirm all cables are tight, in correct spot etc.. and confirm if the issue persists. If it does, then being a refurbished it sounds to be DoA and I can definitely send a replacement out.

Thanks for the quick response.

The cables and barrel connectors are all rated for high frequency and tight. I've disconnected and re-connected the cables to the receiver. The check switch test shows everything fine. I still get the 004 error for the same channels and only on tuner 2.

Do you know if it is possible to get a 722K instead of a refurbished 722 as a replacement? I'd be willing to pay an upcharge if it wasn't outrageous.

Sadly, we have no way of guaranteeing a 722k. If we did a promotional upgrade we may be able to get something done, but that would more than likely renew the contract for 2 years. If you PM me the account # or phone # I can look up more information on either that or the replacement.

Thanks for the quick response.

The cables and barrel connectors are all rated for high frequency and tight. I've disconnected and re-connected the cables to the receiver. The check switch test shows everything fine. I still get the 004 error for the same channels and only on tuner 2.

Do you know if it is possible to get a 722K instead of a refurbished 722 as a replacement? I'd be willing to pay an upcharge if it wasn't outrageous.

I was having the same problem (004) with my 622. I got lucky and got a great tech that yanked the 622, replaced it with a 722K and got them to send me a free OTA module! NO upcharge and NO commitment.:)Good luck!

Ed

If your system uses DPP switches (separator and one wire) then it could be a cabling issue, but more than likely the second tuner is bad. Having a replacement shipped is going to guarantee a exact like model replacement. However if you have a tech come out more than likely you'll get a 722K replacement.

Don't have a separator. There are separate cables from the DP34 to each tuner. Since the problem stays with tuner 2 even when the cables are switched, I don't see how it could be a cable problem. In any event, I decided to use my free upgrade to get a 722k with OTA module as a replacement. It is on its way now.

I got this error tonight

I replaced a 722 with a 522 which has the identical cabling from the 622 that's a foot away.

Listening to HD 151 right now but I can try another channel and it's 004. I grab the 622 remote and change right to that same channel, perfect. HD locals are also working on the old unit but the new ones 004

The 522 has been fine but I know that 129 is where the HD is so maybe it's just been because the 522 never uses that birds, whatever.

I could swap the cables on the 622 to the 722 to confirm it's that half of the'split' that's bad but probably best to leave it to the tech to just fix it and not go and waste time breaking a working 622 lol

oh and it's doing it on both tv1 or tv2.

Oh i've had drift reported for YEARS on these LNBS but hey it works why mess with it. Any reason a 722 would fail where a 622 works fine ? Could it be the drift causing the 722 yet the 622 is hitting on all cylinders

129 is reporting +32
110 and 119 e-11 0-5

Sounds not good but hey one works fine

ugh just my luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)