02468 no longer works!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

baba_ghanoush

Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
Close
Why can I not force download new firmware since doing so a couple of months ago??? I've tried numerous times on Saturday nights between 11-2am EST :confused:

Do it a key at a time.. i do it slow and works fine everytime.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This is a repeat of the message I put in the HR2x/H21-H25 CE Release 2/10 thread

If your remote is set to RF,a lot of times it will give you fits trying to type in 02468. The RC64RB universal RF/IR remote(used to operate my H24 in RF) can be a real PITA when it comes to typing in 02468 & it's set to RF. I have to go through the trouble of converting it from RF to IR,type in 02468,download the CE,& then convert back to RF. The newer RC65RB universal RF/IR remote(used to operate my H25 in RF) is MUCH BETTER operating in RF mode with no hassle.

Works fine for me. On my HR24 i have to start entering in the second the blue lights come on after the restart or it doesn't take.

Works fine for me. If running through a receiver, you need to watch the lights on the receiver and not wait for the picture to show up on the screen.

S~

Well the flying,fickle finger of fate came to visit me last Friday night when I tried to D/L this weeks CE on my H24. It didn't matter if I used IR,RF or even changed out remotes,my H24 was not going to accept 0-2-4-6-8. When you punch in the numbers,you can see the light on your receiver flicker. Well it wouldn't flicker when I punched in 8 or 6 then 8. I rebooted,unplugged the power cable & replugged it in,my H24 was not going to accept the 0-2-4-6-8 code. I just gave it a rest & downloaded the CE to my other DVR's/receiver without any problems. I'll just try again this upcoming weekend & see if my H24 behaves this time. No other problems with the box,just a PITA to download CE's(maybe it liked the previous CE so much that it just didn't want to give it up).

Now both my H24 & H25 are refusing to take the 0-2-4-6-8 code. They both refuse to take the 8,& then when I try again,they refuse to take both the 6 & the 8. I have no problems with my DVR's,just with the HD receivers now. What this means is that until the latest/future national release comes around,they are both stuck on the CE's that they each last downloaded.

I was having problems getting the code to work on my HR22 too, but I finally just took my time, entered the code only once, and started entering it as soon as the blue lights started to move. I also entered the code with the remote in RF mode. Hopefully that works for you.

Yup RF remotes are the best, fresh batteries for the remotes for those with problems?

The remotes I use are paired,HR24(which takes the 02468 code without problems) & H25(which started having problems last night) paired together,& HR23(which takes the 02468 code without problems) & H24(which still has problems). I could try new batteries. My HD DVR's behave themselves,it's the HD receivers that can be a real PITA.

Well I changed the batteries in both of my remotes & I was able to download the latest CE's to my H24 & H25. I still had to change my H24 from RF to IR to download the CE & then revert back to RF.