'08-'09 NBA Free Agent Signings

According to ESPN, James Posey is nearing a contract decision. He could make the announcement this week. Reportedly, Posey and his agent are considering final offers from the Hornets, Lakers, Celtics, and the Cavaliers.

The Cavs are rumored to be offering their mid-level exemption of about $5.8 million and 3 years.

As far as coming home to play for the Cav's, Posey remarked....

“It’s never been a big thing,” Posey said of a possible move to Cleveland. “To go back home is cool. It’s your hometown. But, at the same time, my family understands. If it’s somewhere else, they support me anywhere I go, so it doesn’t even matter about that.” -Boston Globe

At least he won't be going for big money on a crappy team.

According to ESPN, James Posey is nearing a contract decision. He could make the announcement this week. Reportedly, Posey and his agent are considering final offers from the Hornets, Lakers, Celtics, and the Cavaliers.

The Cavs are rumored to be offering their mid-level exemption of about $5.8 million and 3 years.

As far as coming home to play for the Cav's, Posey remarked....

“It’s never been a big thing,” Posey said of a possible move to Cleveland. “To go back home is cool. It’s your hometown. But, at the same time, my family understands. If it’s somewhere else, they support me anywhere I go, so it doesn’t even matter about that.” -Boston Globe

If my Celtics don't resign him, I hope your Cavs do. I'm already on record saying 2008-09 will be the year of LeBron and the Cavs, Posey will only fortify that. You look up winner or team player in the dictionary...........James Posey's picture is next to both of them.

Cav's Resign Daniel "Boobie" Gibson

Cleveland Cavaliers sign Gibson to new deal

The Cavaliers have come to terms with guard Daniel "Boobie" Gibson on a multi-year contract. The length of the contract is five years, according to NBA sources.

The 6-2, 194-pound guard, 22, became a fan favorite because of his shooting touch and ready smile. Not to mention that nickname.

After a sterling rookie season, Gibson seemed to be en route to stardom last year, when he averaged career highs of 10.4 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game and finished second to Jason Kapono in the Foot Locker 3-Point Shootout. He also was the MVP of the T-Mobile Rookie Challenge during All-Star weekend, scoring 33 points on 11 3-pointers to lead the sophomores to a 136-109 victory.

But he missed 17 games with a sprained left ankle shortly after that and struggled to regain his form. He suffered a separated shoulder in the Eastern Conference semifinals against the Boston Celtics and missed the last two games. He recently had arthroscopic surgery to clean out his left ankle, but he is expected to be ready for training camp.

A second-round draft choice by the Cavs in 2006, the 42nd player taken overall, Gibson quickly overtook No. 1 pick Shannon Brown of Michigan State in the rotation and blossomed in the 2007 post-season, when the Cavs advanced to The Finals. After averaging 4.6 points, 1.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 16.5 minutes per game in 60 games as a rookie, including 16 starts, he kicked it up to 8.3 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 20.1 minutes per game during the playoffs. He became the first rookie since Sam Cassell with Houston in 1994 to average double figures in the NBA Finals as he averaged 10.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game against the Spurs.

His breakthrough came in the decisive Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinals against Detroit, when he scored a postseason-best 31 points as the Cavs won the conference title with a 98-82 victory. He tied a franchise record with 25 points in the second half and set a franchise record for points in a quarter with 19 in the fourth. His 12 three-pointers in the conference finals tied for the second most in a playoff series by a Cavalier.

Gibson, a native of Houston, played two seasons at Texas, and averaged 13.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 68 games. He was named Honorable Mention All-America by The Associated Press following his sophomore season. He finished his high school career as the all-time leading scorer in Houston high school basketball, averaging 25.5 points per game as a senior, leading Jones to its first state title since 1965. He also was a member of the National Honor Society and graduated sixth out of 212 students in his high school senior class.

:(
Just heard on WEEI Sports Radio that the Hornets have signed James Posey. This is NOT good for the Celtics. :(

From your perspective, I agree it's not good.

OTOH, I have to say this: at least he's not signing for a kajillion dollars in a big market with an awful team.

It's not like he went to the Clippers or Knicks.

BTW, like my new signature? It's my twist on those "Most interesting man in the world" commercials.

From your perspective, I agree it's not good.

OTOH, I have to say this: at least he's not signing for a kajillion dollars in a big market with an awful team.

It's not like he went to the Clippers or Knicks.

BTW, like my new signature? It's my twist on those "Most interesting man in the world" commercials.

I agree. And I wish nothing but the best for James Posey, who secured his legacy in Boston sports lore.

Cool sig, Sabres. :up

I agree. And I wish nothing but the best for James Posey, who secured his legacy in Boston sports lore.

Cool sig, Sabres. :up

I wish Posey the best as well. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I went to High School with him and actually played a few games of pickup ball against him on the courts behind the school during summer vacations. Posey and Kelly Herndon (CB for the Tennessee Titans) were in the same class. Herndon was a great basketball player as well. What an athletic bunch that class had! BTW, my team never beat those guys! They always destroyed us.

I wish Posey the best as well. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I went to High School with him and actually played a few games of pickup ball against him on the courts behind the school during summer vacations. Posey and Kelly Herndon (CB for the Tennessee Titans) were in the same class. Herndon was a great basketball player as well. What an athletic bunch that class had! BTW, my team never beat those guys! They always destroyed us.

That's cool stuff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts