1.2 meter offset or 10 foot prime focus for Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
My 1.2 Fortec is starting to rust out. I have a 10 foot unimesh with plenty small holes for Ku. Should I try to find another large offset or put a Ku ortho feed on the unimesh and use it for Ku. I know aim will be critical for a dish that large, but I would love to get rid of these little diseq motors and have it actuator controlled. Any input?

I agree with FaT Air, give the Unimesh a try. For KU I'm getting great results with my Invacom C120 LNBF on an 8.5 solid. I put the KU LNBF in the center and a C-band LNBF next to it.

As for the 1.2 offset dish -- I am close to giving up with mine and its SG6100 motor. The motor has so much slack / slop in it that makes it difficult to get it aligned and stay on the arc. Diseq motors are getting hard to find.

Since SES 3 went live, I no longer use a ku dish. C/Ku ortho on a 10' perf does it all for me.

Tahts my reasoning, I always have to fiddle with the position with these small motors and they are getting hard to find.

This will work I think, since I won a mover from Brian, I will order another from him for this dish. Are the remotes programmable for the ASC1 so they don't interfere with each other? Plan on using the receiver to move them,but at times I might need to use them for something and at my age two remotes interacting might be the straw that broke the camels back. Won't hurt anything, but I can see myself wasting hours over something that simple.

I am close to giving up with mine and its SG6100 motor
SG6100's are junk. They seemed ok at first, but that is the reason I stopped selling them, was getting too many returns. My supplier stopped carrying them for the same reason a few months after I decided to stop selling. The quality control just wasn't there. Some worked fine and others were a pain in the a$$.

Reactions: N6BY
SG6100's are junk....
Yes -- especially with a heavy 1.2m dish. I was able to get by with my lighter 90cm dish. But even then it had several degrees of free play and was difficult to track the full arc with.

The only thing I like about it is the digital display of degrees.

Ok, the 10 footer it is.I already have lnb's now for a ortho ku feed. I think I know were I can get one. Vacation coming up, so I can plant the dish and try it.

The ASC1 remote uses a single IR frequency and command set. The ASC1's will likely be automatically controlled by a receiver using DiSEqC 1.2 commands and not manually controlled? If so, press the ASC1 "Lock" button on the front panel to prevent the IR commands from controlling the ASC1. The ASC1 will only respond to the STB DiSEqC 1.2 commands or front panel buttons.

More than likely I will be using them with a receiver, but as a stand alone positioner sounds good also. I have stb's in all rooms so a stand alone sounds good to tell it to go to a position to view away from the "control room" but I guess the best way would be receiver control.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts