1/2 Off HBO/Cinemax six months.

FYI - I waited until my then-current HBO and SHO half-price offers expired a couple of days ago, and were moved onto my regular programming page. Then, when I clicked to cancel, a new half-price offer popped up.

It gave the option of all four premiums. But, I only took HBO and SHO, as the others don't interest me.

I hope it happens again in six months!

I think it proves that the premium movie channels are having people subscribe to them at the High prices that they have been charging and thus the 1/2 price premium sales that seem to be on going and on. I know I wouldn't subscribe to them at all at full price. Last summer I had 1/2 price Hbo and Showtime and Starz and this year I have had 3 free months of Hbo and 6 months of 1/2 price Hbo and now I got another 6 months of Hbo at 1/2 price that should get me through December of this year. I think $18.00 a month has put HBO out of most regular subscribers reach and their numbers must be dropping if they keep offering it at 1/2 price. I think it is funny that I am actually paying about a $1.00 less now , than I did about ten years ago when it was $9.99 a month.

Do you have to sub to it for 6 months or can you get it for a couple months and cancel?

I had it till last month and dropped it early by a month. I called to get it and they said I wasn't eligible. I waited and did an online chat and they gave it to me again for another 6 months. It's Called CSR roulette. If you don't like the answer you get , just keep trying till you do get the answer you like. You can cancel anytime you want during the promotion.

I had it till last month and dropped it early by a month. I called to get it and they said I wasn't eligible. I waited and did an online chat and they gave it to me again for another 6 months. It's Called CSR roulette. If you don't like the answer you get , just keep trying till you do get the answer you like. You can cancel anytime you want during the promotion.

Not in the 1st month of the offer.

My 50% off for 6 months on HBO & SHO just ended yesterday. So this morning I went to cancel them and once again was offered the 50% off for 6 more months.

My 50% off for 6 months on HBO & SHO just ended yesterday. So this morning I went to cancel them and once again was offered the 50% off for 6 more months.
It it really sounding to me like the Premium channels are having problems attracting subs other than 1/2 price promos. Without the 1/2 promos their numbers must be dropping like flies. Why else would they keep offering them at this lower price?

I wonder if its not Dish taking a hit on it as well. Directv for years now has given deals on the HD Xtra Pack. Get it for 90 days free, drop it then re-add for 90 days free. Also, how many folks are diligent about that like we are. It might be there way of keeping up folks rooked into paying at least half price for the premiums. I'll admit when one hits a period of no original programming and I go to drop it, a 50% off deal gets me to keep it. Its probably working by design :)

FYI - I waited until my then-current HBO and SHO half-price offers expired a couple of days ago, and were moved onto my regular programming page. Then, when I clicked to cancel, a new half-price offer popped up.

It gave the option of all four premiums. But, I only took HBO and SHO, as the others don't interest me.

I hope it happens again in six months!

This still works, by the way.

Thanks for the thread everyone.

My 1/2 price for HBO for 6 months ended in mid-July but I kept it around because I noticed HBO Zone was showing the unrated version of Oliver Stone's latest film, Savages on Friday.

So after I recorded it I attempted to remove HBO from my programming page and as soon I clicked proceed to checkout the 1/2 off for 6 months of HBO offer popped up again so I took it. I didn't get offered the other 3 premiums though probably because I only had HBO. That's okay though. I'm still happy. :)

Just re upped for my second half of the year for multisport, had it for first six months, elapsed last week asked today for the upcoming football season half off received :)

HELP-Suddenly NO SIGNAL

HD partial signal loss . . . LNB or 722K failing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)