1.2 Prime Star

Status
Please reply by conversation.

searay43

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Republic, Washington
Thought I would post a few pictures of my last project, I have a 1.2 meter prime star dish that I have had for awhile so I thought I would experiment with a Sadoun DG-280. I took down one of my motorized 3ft dishes and took a old dish 500 mount and mounted it to ¾ inch ply wood. I didn’t have any steel plate to use and this was basically an experiment anyway to see if it would work on this motor. I got the idea of using the dish 500 mount from another member here, I can’t remember his name it was so long ago but credit goes to this member for his idea.

I first had the dish 500 mount centered on the mounting board but I didn’t take into account the bend on the tube so I had to move it further up on the mounting board so the tube would clear. Once I did this everything fell right into place, The Sadoun DG-280 moves this dish without skipping a beat, I have had this motor for over 3 years and it has gone through 110 degree heat and -35 below without any problems at all. It’s pretty cool to watch that little motor move that big prime star dish, the hardest part of the whole thing was holding that big dish and motor with one hand and trying to tighten the motor mount with the other hand. :)

Attachments

• op.jpg
    op.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 205
  • po.jpg
    po.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 191
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 225
The reduced-calorie mount gives it a fighting chance.
Good work. - :up

And to think, people throw out all those old Dish 'n Direct dishes, totally forgetting the value in some of the sheet metal.

pic 3 has a nice view of another dish in the background :) .
pic 3 is also a very nice landscape evergreen pic, i love evergreens.
Kodaz

thanks for the pics, I may be picking up one of these dishe soon and was thinking of doing pretty much what you have done.

thanks for the pics, I may be picking up one of these dishe soon and was thinking of doing pretty much what you have done.

That's how I got the idea, pics from another member. Members pics really do help when your looking for ideas or how to set something up. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)