1.24 Releasing to Dishplayer, what's the update?

DishSatUser

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I was checking the software listings on dishnetwork.com and noticed that 1.24 was starting on 7/15/2004. Does anyone know the technical details in regards to this update?

I'm going to be reactivating my Dishplayer 7200 soon and wanted to know what the state of the current software is. Also what is different, or what is the reason for the 16917 version of the webtv client that came out on 5/18/2004?

I've had my displayer off for about 1.5 years, but I'm looking at using PTV features again without having to purchase another receiver. :eek:

Thanks!

DishPlayer RECEIVER version 1.24 is suppose to fix the incorrectly displayed song information on the Sirius radio channels (I don't know if it does, I haven't got it yet). WebTV CLIENT software version 16917 was for the Sirius radio channels too.

There are other threads on this. It does fix the SIRIUS problem. I am less sure if it was intended to stop the problem encounteres in some markets where tuning to ANY local brought you to a specific local on 61.5/

My 7200 went kablooie for a few days after this and then settled down. FWIW the locals problem is now gone.

They have ditched the games from the 7200 (sigh, Doom was STILL fun every now and then......) since then. A few of complained about losing Solitaire as well......

Got the 1.24 update last night,and it did fix the Sirius info that was half there
before the fix.

I got it last night too. Word is that they stopped sending it for the last week or so while they were "hitting" all the hacked 7100 and 7200s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts