1/29/2009 2:12am Uplink Activity Report - 6 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 1/29/2009 2:12am - 6 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 01/29/2009 01:37A - 01/29/2009 02:12A

Channel Moves:
6324 - KOAT [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar5 129W TP 18 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Albuquerque, NM)
6325 - KRQE [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar5 129W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar5 129W TP 18 ConUS beam (A) (H)(Albuquerque, NM)

Channel Package Flag Changes:
5153(40) - WDBD [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Area 9 beam changed to Available (H)(Jackson, MS)
5162(15) - WPMI [MPEG4 HD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 03 Area 9 beam changed to Available (H)(Mobile, AL)
7352(15) - WPMI [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 03 Area 9 beam changed to Not Available(Mobile, AL)
9274(40) - WDBD [MPEG4 SD] - Echostar12 61.5W TP 01 Area 9 beam changed to Not Available(Jackson, MS)

Channels in the system: 6485
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

That leaves only the Denver HD locals on transponder 2.

The easiest spot beam to try first would be the Denver one, since the main offices and the uplink center are both inside it.

So, they may try and clear transponder 2 because it has to be CONUS.

I seem to remember when they did E7/E8 they would turn on one spot TP and load it up over and over with different cities (using the same TP in different spots) then fire up the next TP and move the next batch of cities. Then they did the CONUS transfers as they had TPs free up.

So, if they move Denver to spot first they would then be able to use TP 2 over and over to clear out more TPs. Then they could start the transfer of the CONUS stuff.

I could be wrong, but I bet they will be tied up with this next week and not introduce new HD :(

I didn't think they could spot Denver since they serve such a large area. All of Colorado and half of Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, etc...?

the problem I have had is that fox 40 though broadcasting in HD(it comes in, but poorly OTA) doesn't come in well at all. linked up through dish though I am sure it will be clear as a bell. all other local hd is clear on dish.

Interesting, on WPMI-DT I'm seeing the exact same type of occasional glitch and pixelization that I see on their OTA signal. Months ago the station engineer told me it was a problem with my antenna or tuner. I hope they get this figured out sometime "SOON".

Of course, this is the same organization that think a long name like "nbc15online.com" is preferable to the much easier "wpmi.com" for their website.

yes, sadly WDBD is apparently having problems as well. My wife was trying to watch american idol last nite, but the audio dropped out whenever 40 showed anything in HD. sd stuff had the audio with it, but as soon as the side bars dissappeared so did the audio. same problem as when I tried to pick them up OTA.

I was starting to think it was my antenna. glad to know that my antenna has no problem.

Interesting, on WPMI-DT I'm seeing the exact same type of occasional glitch and pixelization that I see on their OTA signal. Months ago the station engineer told me it was a problem with my antenna or tuner. I hope they get this figured out sometime "SOON".

Regretgully, Dish has to rebroadcast the poor signal that they get from the station. So, it is obviously not your antenna, if you get the same pixelation from Dish. But, I have noticed that many of WPMI's HD programs are very grainy, unless that is the way they get them from NBC.

Regretgully, Dish has to rebroadcast the poor signal that they get from the station. So, it is obviously not your antenna, if you get the same pixelation from Dish. But, I have noticed that many of WPMI's HD programs are very grainy, unless that is the way they get them from NBC.

If WPMI is trying to piggy-back another signal, particularly if its also HD, wouldn't the lack of adequate bandwidth result in what is being seen? One of our locals here in central KY was trying to piggyback another HD channel and finally decided they couldn't do it, and cut the other channel back to SD.

Note: the othe channel was CW.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts