Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Well, almost. I put together the 1.2m dish thats been sitting in the garage for too long. Its mounted on scrap piece of wood temporarily so I can determine where best to position for LOS. Funny how little it make the WS9036 appear which is nice size Ku dish. DMX241 goes on tommorow and hopefully the MiniBUD will be functional :)

Attachments

• 100_0960.JPG
    100_0960.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 333
Yeah, my wife thought a WS9036 was big, until I hauled home a couple of 8-footers! LOL

I couldn't wait until tommorow. Pointed dish at 91 with Ku LNB, swapped out LNB for DMX241 with WSI conical ring scaler attached. Only adjustment I made was skew and slight adjustment of dish elevation.

Rescanned Galaxy 17 .... 72 TV channels, 55 radio :)
Obviously not everything is ITC and many channels are religous programming but this was much better than I expected. Most importantly, I'm getting the transponders I wanted. :up Before putting the dish on the motor, I'd like to establish just what I can receive but I'm optimistic. I really haven't done any tweaking of the LNB and/or scaler so I might have a little room for improvement on signal.

You're so right but I had to start somewhere. With your 1.2m, are you able to get any transponders from G28 89W?

Well, almost. I put together the 1.2m dish thats been sitting in the garage for too long. Its mounted on scrap piece of wood temporarily so I can determine where best to position for LOS. Funny how little it make the WS9036 appear which is nice size Ku dish. DMX241 goes on tommorow and hopefully the MiniBUD will be functional :)

Hey bud,

Noticed you have the azbox ultra, do you mind educating me on where to get update files for it and how to get it setup out of the box for true FTA please?

Based on your experience with it so far of course....are you getting any HD channels?

Cheers

Hey bud,

Noticed you have the azbox ultra, do you mind educating me on where to get update files for it and how to get it setup out of the box for true FTA please?

Based on your experience with it so far of course....are you getting any HD channels?

Cheers
Update files can be found here and Setup help is over here.

I couldn't wait until tommorow. Pointed dish at 91 with Ku LNB, swapped out LNB for DMX241 with WSI conical ring scaler attached. Only adjustment I made was skew and slight adjustment of dish elevation.

Obviously not everything is ITC and many channels are religous programming but this was much better than I expected. Most importantly, I'm getting the transponders I wanted. :up Before putting the dish on the motor, I'd like to establish just what I can receive but I'm optimistic. I really haven't done any tweaking of the LNB and/or scaler so I might have a little room for improvement on signal.

You scanned in 72 TV channels on Galaxy 17 C-band using a 4' dish? I scan in that many on my 8', about 64 on my 6' and less with my 4'. I need to adjust some of my dishes before summer is over.

You scanned in 72 TV channels on Galaxy 17 C-band using a 4' dish? I scan in that many on my 8', about 64 on my 6' and less with my 4'. I need to adjust some of my dishes before summer is over.

I was pretty surprised myself as I honestly wasn't expecting much after reading about every thread here on the topic of 4ft Cband dishes. I'd have to check but I think I was getting signal from most of the transponders on lyngsat.

Could someone give me a couple of strong transponders for Galaxy28 89W?

Attachments

• G17.jpg
    G17.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 234
I was pretty surprised myself as I honestly wasn't expecting much after reading about every thread here on the topic of 4ft Cband dishes. I'd have to check but I think I was getting signal from most of the transponders on lyngsat.

Your results give me hope to getting football feeds if I have to give up on my dream of 10' BUD install. I don't have much room and my wife is not very supportive of the BUD...

What LNBF are you using ?

Are you in Calfornia ? Looks like you have strong signal in your area ...

What model receiver is the screenshot from? I like the graphics and layout compared to the Coolsat 4000.

Perhaps since Sadoun no longer is selling the SatHawk PVR800 for now and the fact that the AZbox receives 4.2.2 signals I might just order one.

thanks for the tp Iceberg, I hope to have time this evening. I'm going to try for 89w first as its so close to the current dish position.

I'm using a DMX241 with WS-KU2C conical ring scaler Kit from WSI. I had read several threads about how to best optimze signal with the combo however I honestly just attached the scaler to the lnb and then put the combo on the lnb bracket. Possible reasons why I am getting good results, 91w has strong signal as brent636 eluded, the lnb is centered on the dish rather than being offset with the Ku centered as many people have done, the dish is currently fixed rather than motorized. I anticipate that once it goes on the motor, my signal won't be a good.

Are you able to get any of the following transponders on your mini-BUD?
89W 3820,3940,4100
91W 3800,4060
93W 3880
95W 4020,4140,4160
97W 3720,3740,3800,3880,4000
99W 3940,3980,4120
121W 4040
137W 4160

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts