1.2M Prodelin on motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Well, the DG-380 motor arrived, in a strange way. That is for another post, another time. So, I finished the install of the custom mount for the 1.2M Prodelin. Tried to keep the total weight down. The 380 must be a better motor than the SG9120B because it does move the big dish without any problem. The cross bars are just that: 1/4" X 1-1/8" steel bars. The "U" channel is from a recliner I took apart to get rid of. Recycled the good parts from it. For the elevation adjuster, I used two short sections of 3/4" steel pipe. The adjusting threaded rod is in a brass bushing. I drilled a through hole and threaded it. With the bushing in the pipe, that gave movement for the adjustment. The clamps are as can be gussed just 55mm muffler clamps. The welds in the pictures have been covered up. No one needed to see my CS welding. Welders know what CS means. Good penetration in the steel, so it should stay together. Best thing of all, it works! Picks up 125 to 83 except 103. Have a fixed dish there for the pier.
I numbered the pictures because I have not mastered how to move them around or place them in order.

RT.
Dish 004-1.jpgDish 005-1.jpgDish 006-1.jpg

I like the brass axle for the declination adjustment, should help limit corrosion issues.
I've noticed on a 40" dish I installed a while back that the motor stalls out when 25-30 degrees off true south when trying to bring it back up again. That particular motor is an SG9120B; was thinking of going the route of using a separate 18v power supply for the motor. Maybe this type of mechanical mod would be prudent for my issue as well.

Whats the measurements from bolt to bolt on the cross bars?
just want to see if its the same as my 1.2 channel master

Ted,

Nice machining to marry those mounts.
How is it performing?
75Q on 83, LPB 85Q on 87, RT 80Q on 97, 78Q on 101, and PBS 82Q on 125
It works.

I like the brass axle for the declination adjustment, should help limit corrosion issues.
I've noticed on a 40" dish I installed a while back that the motor stalls out when 25-30 degrees off true south when trying to bring it back up again. That particular motor is an SG9120B; was thinking of going the route of using a separate 18v power supply for the motor. Maybe this type of mechanical mod would be prudent for my issue as well.
My SG9120B could not lift up from 125. That is why I went with the 380. One of the posters here has worked on a motor and added a power supply, so it can be done.

i agree nice work , don't worry about the welds lol you haven't seem my welding lol :D
Many years ago I had to weld up a big bunch of thick steel to make a removable hitch for my pickup to take my trailer to different powerline construction jobs. Those welds looked great and the hitch never fell apart. So at one time a time ago.....

Whats the measurements from bolt to bolt on the cross bars?
just want to see if its the same as my 1.2 channel master
Looks to be very close to 12-7/16"
Nice to have the big "P" up and working again.

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)