1 622 and 2 hdtv

losar

Dec 8, 2006
I just got dish 622 and I wanted to hook up both tv to reciever so I can get HDTV picture on both. I read in the forum it is possible. My second hdtv is in my bedroom I was planning to run hdmi or components from living room. Which cable should I run hdmi or component (probably 100 ft) to my second tv or is there another better way to do this.

Thanks

It comes down to cost for many. Running 5 x RG-6 with good connectors for the component connection is still probably a good bit cheaper than the equivalent length HDMI cable from most sources. Most folks make up their own to save even more. That said, check www.monoprice.com to see what their price is for a 100' HDMI cable. Still in the $100 range, IIRC...

I recall reading an article of HDMI vs component, and it indicated that for runs longer than 20' or so, component will give you less headaches. HDMI cables become much more sensitive to quality as the length increases...

Thanks for the replies. I checked out monoprice I think I will go with components. Which one should I get 20 awg or 18 awg. Is 18 awg worth the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)