1.8 meter DX dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brex2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
USA
I'm new to this site but have been reading for awhile.
Does anyone here have any info on a 1.8 M(6 ft) spun aluminum DX Dish? All I've found so far is a grainy pic of a polar mounted one on satellitedish.com. The data sheet link doesn't work.
I've located some in a California warehouse nearby that are "patio mount", but need to find or find plans to build a polar mount before I'd consider buying one.
They are in new condition, painted gray from what I can see of the back side.
Knowing the specs like weight, etc would help me decide. I don't have the yard for a 8 ft or bigger so I must pole mount a 6 footer above the roof line.
It's either this or a polar mount Fortecstar from Sadoun.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DX Dish 1.8 Meter ant.jpg
    DX Dish 1.8 Meter ant.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Thanks!
I've been mulling this over for awhile now.

Maybe have both a fixed aluminum dish & a polar mount perhaps?

Still would like to get some specs on the DX dish if anyone has info, please.

I have metal bandsaws, tig welder, etc for fabricating a polar mount, but if this DX dish is too heavy to handle then I may leave it as is. A patio mount.

Thanks again Sadoun!

clarification & opinion:

So, is "DX" the brand?

A spun aluminum dish would be one piece; your picture looks like four pie sections.

I'm not sure, but I think the term "patio mount" comes from the (early?) 80's, when they sold small dishes for the few birds that existed.

Since you have located the dishes, can you get a picture, or any info off the box?

What I'd generally consider, is grafting the dish to some existing mount, where the old dish is gone or damaged.

If you're a metal-working-madman, you can make a mount.
For the average guy, I think it'd be a pain.

There have been some -free- 6' dishes around that I've not gotten, partly because they were on a fixed mount.
I've never come up with a good method of motorizing one.
The alternative today, is Sadoun's 6'er with mount.
That was not available a year ago.
Once I located some 8' dishes with H-H mounts, I lost interest in the 6'ers.

The square tubing reinforcing the dish make that grainy pic appear like its a sectioned dish, but it is actually one piece. The tubing cross joins a circular hoop behind the lip of the dish. The prime mount for the lnb is a milk stool type, I was told.
I plan on going back to look it over further when they've cleared a path to walk to it.
And shoot some pics, make some measurements for the conversion to polar mount ideas.
It might be a good idea to run my hand across the surface to see if there are any dents or dings in it. The dishes are supposedly in new condition.
And yes I think DX is the brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)