1.8 meter prime focus dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I’ve been offered one of these, new open box, for $199 + free shipping. Is it worth it? No LNB, just dish and mount.

91668194-9CA0-4681-9E3B-EDDA3B502FFA.jpeg
25450431-E449-415D-B141-72AD5A01CDA3.jpeg

What type of mount? Polar or az/el? A 1.8m(6') dish will only get some C-band but only on stong transponders.
It will have difficulty when you tune to DVBS2 signals (most), and ones with low error correction( like 9/10).

also i think i read somewhere here that those tend to rust quite quickly and are very flimsy and are mediocre on Ku due to the petal design

also i think i read somewhere here that those tend to rust quite quickly and are very flimsy and are mediocre on Ku due to the petal design

Yes, I think KE4EST said something like that before. I think this dish is made out of stainless steel though

Looks like I will be passing on it. Too many variables

Last edited:
Reactions: KE4EST
I have one just like that I took a magnet to it. It didn't stick to it so mine must be out aluminum. I was just wanting more c band on 99w or what I can get to come in.

Reactions: Brct203 and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)