1/9 Charlie Chat Recap

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I guess it is a good sell for those movie packs. I know that I would be more likely to purchase a movie pack if it included an HD channel. (And I'm guessing that there are others out there like me). I just wish I could get that 622 before April (with the rebate!!!). I know some are upset about tonight, but honestly, I'm very very pumped about it!

What I would like to know is:

I plan to upgrade my 721 reciever to the 622. The question I have is if I have to give them my 721 reciever? I have plans to give it to my Dad, who got my 501 3-4 years ago. He is excited!

When I did the 522 lease they did not take my 508 reciever. Any ideas??

It will be very interesting to see if those of us who own our 942's will own the 622 after "upgrade" or they're expecting to convert to a lease. I'd be more than unhappy with that like someone else earlier in the thread mentioned.

Sam

It looks like (from what I've read/heard) that all discounted upgrades will be for leases.

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I guess it is a good sell for those movie packs. I know that I would be more likely to purchase a movie pack if it included an HD channel. (And I'm guessing that there are others out there like me). I just wish I could get that 622 before April (with the rebate!!!). I know some are upset about tonight, but honestly, I'm very very pumped about it!

Only movie channel missing after Starz and Cinemax would be TMC HD which comparatively few Cable and Sat providers have I think.

Any idea what the upgrade path will be if you are a subscriber to the SBC/Dish branded sattellite service? I would like to think it would be a similar upgrade path, no? since it's just resold along/by SBC. . .

dfergie said:
There was no mention of upgrades from other receivers... I would personally like to keep my 921 as it has been good, and maybe trade in my 501 for something differant...

I guess I could find out beforehand, and just turn on the 508 temporaroly and do the upgrade lease to the 622 on it. Then disconnect the 721. Hopefully I don't have to do that.

Sean Mota said:
Correct if I am wrong. Current 942 owners can still upgrade for $299 but the rebate won't kick in until april.

No I took it to mean you DONT get a rebate unless you wait until April. If you get a 622 now it's $299 and never a rebate.

dfergie said:
There was no mention of upgrades from other receivers... I would personally like to keep my 921 as it has been good, and maybe trade in my 501 for something differant...
after rewatching you can upgrade from any receiver...
.Upgrade offer: Lease ViP211 HD Receiver
. Lease Upgrade Fee: $49

.Standard Professional Installation Includes dish antenna(if applicable)
(Can upgrade from any Dish Receiver)

. Upgrade offer Lease ViP622 DVR Receiver

.Promotional Price Avaliable to New & Existing Customers: $299

.Total Upgrade Price: $299
Includes Standard Professional Installation and Dish antenna (if applicalble)

dfergie said:

So are you saying that they will take the other reciever that you are upgrading, even though you own it? I get this from your statement "Can upgrade from any Dish Receiver"

If this is true, then I'm adding my 508 to my account tomorrow! They can have that reciever.

Yeah, but what about the folks who just leased their 942's say 2-3 weeks ago and have already paid the $250.00? The way I understand the upgrade path, it will cost them an additional $100.00 to get the full HD programming. Just doesn't seem fair to me, especially when in one of the more recent chats they said that they weren't going to adopt MPEG 4 for quite some time. It would be nice [and fair] to apply the $250 these folks JUST paid for what is now an obsolete unit towards the $299 resulting in a $49 upgrade for those who just leased the 942. Maybe have a 30 or 60 day cut off.

dfergie said:

I own the following receivers: 921, 811, 501, 301 and 311. I want to keep the 921 and 501. I have two High Definition Televisions. I want the upgrade to the ViP622 DVR for $299.00. The 811, 301 and 311 are expendable and I would not mind using them to get an upgrade. I hope you are correct and one of them can be used as an upgrade rather than another DVR like the 501. I want to keep the 501 for one of my standard televisions. Can anyone shed more clarification to upgrades to the Vip622 for people that want to keep the DVR that they currently own?

Heck, if I can find my Dish 1000 receiver, maybe I can try to upgrade that!

As a 921 owner, the "upgrade" price sounds very good - if it doesn't require that I turn in my 921. If it requires that I turn in the 921 for the rebate, I can probably do a little better (than $200) on ebay, at least at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts