1 Dish 3 Recievers setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
PA
I want to setup 1 dish to 3 different receivers in the house. What equipment do I need? Any links for the equipment or the name of the equipment will be great. So I need a switch and LNBF that has 3 outputs? Does the switch can be installed inside house and than run three rg6 cables to three receivers? 1 Receiver is already setup but like to watch FTA channels in the other rooms in the house. Looking for simple setup as possible :)

Thank You

what do you currently have for a setup?

Do you know if the LNB has a dual output or single?

If its dual, use the attached photo
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1344314-post7.html

disregard the 2nd LNB...hook both lines from the LNB to a 3x4 or 2x4 multiswitch...hook up 3 receivers. All 3 receivers can see the satellite (both polarities)

Iceberg currently running a single output :( on Galaxy 25 using 36 in Dish with Omegasat DSB5700 receiver. Thx for that link the pic help out alot

2x4 = two inputs (one LNB), and four outputs can I hook 3 Recivers with this setup? My Equimpent is 1 LNBF output, 31 inch Dish using Omegsat DSB5700 receiver. I Ill have to buy 2 LNBF with 2 outputs and that switch that is on the link you have posted. So i gotta get 2 LNBFs with 2 output each? 4 out LNBF would not work??

Iceburg thanks for your help.

All you need is a dual LNB...just one
KUL2 Dual Output 0.4db Noise figure Sadoun Standard Linear Offset LNBF LNB

and with the multiswitch you can hook up to 4 receivers

setup would be as such (crude drawing not as good as Anole's is) ;)

LNB output 1----------13v side of multiswitch....output 1 to receiver 1
LNB output 2----------18v side of multiswitch....output 2 to receiver 2
----------------------------------------------------------output 3 to receiver 3

I use to have 3 receivers hooked up to a dish aimed at G18 (formerly G10) and it worked great

a 2x4 or 3x4 works the same way....the 3rd input is for an OTA antenna

no problem. We're here to help :)

couple questions..
Are you going to run new cables to the other rooms?
Is there already cables in that room for cable or an OTA antenna?

I am setting this up for a family member Ill find out tommorow when i go to her house and post here.

oh ok...reason I ask is if they already have cable or antenna (OTA) run into those rooms, you might be able to get by with not running a new cable and rather diplexing into it. You can combine (diplex) antenna or cable & satellite into one line if you dont want to run extra cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)