1 HDTV to 2 HDTVs

probinson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
NW Pennsylvania
So I'm thinking of adding a second HDTV to my home in the next few months, and I'm wondering how difficult it's going to be to modify my existing set up.

Right now, I have a 722K in my living room on the only HDTV in the house, and it also powers the SDTV in my bedroom. I also have a 622 in my son's room on an SDTV, which powers my daughter's SDTV as well.

In the next few months when I get my second HDTV, I want to take the existing HDTV in the living room to my bedroom and put the new HDTV in the living room. So to get HD on both TV's, I would like to change the configuration in my home so that the 722K downstairs runs the living room and my son's room, and the 622 will power my bedroom and my daughter's room;

Current Setup:
722K -> Living Room -> Master Bedroom
622 -> Son's Bedroom -> Daughter's Bedroom

Proposed Setup:
722K -> Living Room -> Son's Bedroom
622 -> Master Bedroom -> Daughter's Bedroom

So since there is already coax running to all 4 rooms, what will I need to do to make the new setup work? Is it something I can do myself, or will I need to set up an appointment to have them come out and reconfigure the wiring?

Thanks!

When you say there is coax running to all four rooms, are they all coming from one central location...ie a box or panel in garage and is there a Diplexer (in addition to Separater) in the back of the receivers ? Or, are the lines presently going to each TV2 running "straight" from receivers with no Diplexers?

Last edited:
When you say there is coax running to all four rooms, are they all coming from one central location...ie a box or panel in garage and is there a Diplexer (in addition to Separater) in the back of the receivers ? Or, are the lines presently going to each TV2 running "straight" from receivers with no Diplexers?

I *think* there are diplexers in the basement for each receiver. I'm not positive I even understand the terminology correctly though, so...

The diplexer is the thing that looks like a splitter, correct?

I'll have to take a closer look at how things are wired when I get home tonight.

There are separators and Diplexers, both look like splitters. For certain you have a separator for the two tuners inputs. Diplexers are used to back-feed the TV2 output back through the line that comes from the Dish. It would used if all your coax originates from a central location, and would make your new set-up easy to accomplish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)