1 hopper only

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Was thinking of just having one good quality tv in the living room instead of 2. Is it possible to just have one hopper only and no Joey or is it a must???

Any and all Joeys can be returned once activated. I think in the case of 1 Hopper it's even easier, don't even have to activate (may not even have to order one.)

I've had a slew of single hopper installs, the only prerequisite to my knowledge is that you take HD programming when dealing with the CSR, which probably goes without saying.

Nope. See post #5.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner
Was asking Matt if perhaps they have stopped tying one joey to a HOPPER, if they might have relaxed the limits for two. Post #5 did not answer that.

Edit: Thanks for the reply, Matt.

Was asking Matt if perhaps they have stopped tying one joey to a HOPPER, if they might have relaxed the limits for two. Post #5 did not answer that.

Edit: Thanks for the reply, Matt.

They've always been more lax on the 1H/0J than 2H/1J or 0J.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

They kinda have to be more lax on 1 Hopper only. If a customer says they only have 1 TV, what are they gonna do, force them to take ViP equipment?

I have a decent number of solo Hopper installs. I have no idea if the customer did anything special to get it, but I doubt it as they usually don't know much about the system.

just ordered my 2nd Hopper last week and they still need a joey to a Hopper. I had to deactivate the 2 Joey's and now I have 2 Hoppers and no Joey's.
It looks like they're requiring joeys for 2 hopper installations and not for single hopper installs.

Dish basically wants to make sure that it's not easy for people to start replacing their additional joeys with hoppers as it obviously costs them a lot of money under lease. I wonder if it matters as much at 3 or 4 hoppers since you're buying those extras outright?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)