Need help with new - used 722

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Purchased a 722 off Craigslist today - before I paided I called Dish and they said it can be activated.

The problem is it seems to be stuck on the Western Arc and no matter what I do - I cannot get it to run the the check switch correctly.

unplugged, hold to reset, ran multiple check switch, ran multiple factory reset.

What should have taken about 30 minutes is now going on 3 hours.

Eastern Arc correctly pointed 61.5, 72.7, 77 - no external switches, single cable from dish to turner input 1 - running only 1 HD TV. Software Version L448RJ2D-N

Any ideas - what else to try?

I just callled Dish - it is the extremely old version of the firmware. The only sat I can see right now is 77 but I cannot get to the transponder that downloads the software. He also said the firmware update must come from the satellite and cannot be downloaded via the Ethernet connection.

Tomorrow I will repoint my wing dish to 119 so I can see a satellite with the right transponder so I can get the firmware update from a satellite that this old firmware knows about.

Can you do a point dish and see the earc? If so, point it at 72 get a lock and then say Done. At that point it should sl the update for the earc,

Yep. I've delt with that before. If you get it pointed at the 119 you should be able to get it to download. May take some patience.

If your only options on Check Switch are the Dish 500, etc that want to look at the warc, try what I posted earlier. If you think you are pointed at the earc, o to Point Dish, Select 77. If you get a lock, Select Done. See if you then dl the new firmware, etc

I asked the guy from Dish about that but on 77 the download is on TP21 - - - but the Point Dish with that old Firmware skipped from TP19 directly to TP22 - - - thus even though I had very strong signal on 77 - - the receiver could not "see" TP21. At least that is how he explained it.

BTW, the download on 119W is TP19 which the old Firmware can "see". This is why I need to move my wing dish to 119W.

OK - I pointed to 119W - and called Dish again asking them to push the new software to my receiver.

The new software downloaded to the receiver and now it says Smart Card Invalid - S00 0000-00 Error code 124

Called Dish back and they said the receiver is toast - and they have to send me a replacement. It was working fine and getting channels before the software download but after it does not work at all.

i guess going from L448 to L729 was too big a jump for it.

Any thoughts?

OK - I pointed to 119W - and called Dish again asking them to push the new software to my receiver.

The new software downloaded to the receiver and now it says Smart Card Invalid - S00 0000-00 Error code 124

Called Dish back and they said the receiver is toast - and they have to send me a replacement. It was working fine and getting channels before the software download but after it does not work at all.

i guess going from L448 to L729 was too big a jump for it.

Any thoughts?

You probably have an out-of-date smart card. Chances are, with that old of software on it, it must've been decommissioned before the G3 card swaps in '08. You'll need to get a new, valid G3 smart card from Dish.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Silly question here since I have stopped memorizing all the current set-ups: Don't the 622/722 receivers require you have BOTH tuners hooked up to the identical set-up. My 622 is hooked up with a special splitter that came with the dish.

Software version - L729RJ2D-N

Boot Strap Version - 141RJ2D

The receiver Card ID is correct, it just looks like the software update wiped out the Smart Card ID

Software version - L729RJ2D-N

Boot Strap Version - 141RJ2D

The receiver Card ID is correct, it just looks like the software update wiped out the Smart Card ID

Do you remember the old smart card number?

Silly question here since I have stopped memorizing all the current set-ups: Don't the 622/722 receivers require you have BOTH tuners hooked up to the identical set-up. My 622 is hooked up with a special splitter that came with the dish.

That's called a separator. They are easy to come by. I have several lying around. The dual-tuner units will work with only one input however the check switch takes forever and of course it's crippled with only one tuner.

Yes, I have the old smart card number - in fact it is listed on My Equipment on the dish web page. I gave the Dish rep the number and asked if they had any way to put it back and they said no - they had to send me another receiver.

Thing that get me is that it was working before the software version updated.

A new smart card should fix the receiver. Otherwise have them replace it. Is the smart card internal or external?