Need help with new - used 722

right now it is internal and I asked her if she could just send me a new Smart Card - she said no.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the receiver itself - should I call Dish back?

Nah no new firmware needed. What the new software is actually doing is it's just ignoring the old internal card that's out of date. That's why it's blank. A new smart card should fix it if the slot isn't damaged and the new card is valid (get one from Dish Network ONLY, no eBay crap.)

OK - the story gets even crazier! I called Dish and they will send me a new Smart Card for $50 or - - - wait for it - - - ship me a whole new receiver for free!!

i told them do nothing for now. I will PM the DIRT team and see if they can get me a new Smart Card!!

This don't make NO Sense. :)

Well the DIRT team comes through with flying colors again.

Mary from the DIRT has corrected all my issues. It is so great to have the DIRT team here!!! My issue is exactly the kind of issue the DIRT team is so very good at.

Thanks Mary for the GREAT support!!

OK - the story gets even crazier! I called Dish and they will send me a new Smart Card for $50 or - - - wait for it - - - ship me a whole new receiver for free!!

i told them do nothing for now. I will PM the DIRT team and see if they can get me a new Smart Card!!

This don't make NO Sense. :)

I would have just taken the free receiver replacement and been done with it.

You didn't tell us what the resolution was...

Here is what Mary sent me late last night. I guess I will really know once I receive the new Smart Card.

I am sorry about the issues you have been having with your purchased receiver. I reviewed your account and it does appear the agent before sent you a replacement remote and not a receiver so you will be getting one of those on order number: RA 729xxxxx. You are free to keep this remote as DISH will not need it to be returned.

I have ordered your replacement smart card on order number: RA 729xxxxx.

There will be no charge for either component as the system did not create a charge and therefore I will not charge you. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks!

I have another question about this one. Just checked MyDish account and it shows a required return for the old SmartCard and the old Remote. Well the old SmartCard was internal on the EEPROM thus that might be hard to send back.

For the remote - I never asked for a remote and Mary from the DIRT team just said to keep it - no return necessary.

This is how most of the big companies act these days... Might want to confirm with DIRT that there will be no charges just in case.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Well, I got the SmartCard and Remote today and I'm finally back in business with my new 722.

Again, many thanks to Mary from the DIRT team for all the help.

Lastly, the technician from Dish was very helpful and confirmed that I did not need to send back the old SmartCard (which would be impossible) nor the Remote Control.

All is working now and setting back up all my timers. Happy Camper!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)