1 meter Winegard and SG2100 with 42mm tube

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I have an SG2100 motor with 42mm tube. The 1 meter Winegard dish appears to have a bracket meant for a 57 mm tube.

1. Where can I get a replacement mounting tube with 57mm diameter? (a URL would be great)

or

2. Does anybody have any experience with custom-adjusting such a setup and any pointers on how to increase the motor tube diameter such that the final assembly is rigid and stable?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael

A few members have simply used PVC tubing of the correct I/O diameter to take up the difference in size with great success. They split the PVC (lengthways) then it can change diameter slightly for a perfect snug fit.

Shims made out of PVC tubing sound like a good idea. Thank you!

One more question. Please take a look at the photo. The Winegard antenna mount seems to be meant to sit at the very top of a pole with two metal tabs resting on top of the pole. However, the SG2100 intends for the antenna to "hang" underneath the motor. Have people been simply straightening the two metal tabs with players? Or is there some other trick to installing this dish on a motor?

Again - thank you,
Michael

mount.jpg

I would just saw them off/ or bend them up, I would also drill a hole for a bolt right through the bracket and mounting tube (already there) or it may/will move in the wind.

This is how I did it:
mount1.JPG

I used this rubber connector from Home Depot. I forced it on top of the split lengthwise PVC tube. This way the tabs don't even touch the mast and you don't have to tighten the bracket out of shape.

mount2.JPG

PSB said:
I would just saw them off/ or bend them up, I would also drill a hole for a bolt right through the bracket and mounting tube (already there) or it may/will move in the wind.

I'm thinking about doing that, because it does get moved in strong winds.

Tabs

From the looks of your picture, I only see two Tabs, which would lead me to believe that they are there so you don't go to high on that shaft. In other words, turn it over and slide it back on and the Tabs will stop it from being to far up.... but, that is only a guess ;)

gw1110 said:
From the looks of your picture, I only see two Tabs, which would lead me to believe that they are there so you don't go to high on that shaft.

Actually - the mount is meant to be put on top of a pole. The tabs would hold the entire assembly in place and prevent it from sliding down the pole. But when mounted on the 2100 motor - the "pole" gets inverted. One could put on the antenna mount upside down. But that would make getting the elevation angle more complicated...

Michael

mchomicz said:
Shims made out of PVC tubing sound like a good idea. Thank you!

One more question. Please take a look at the photo. The Winegard antenna mount seems to be meant to sit at the very top of a pole with two metal tabs resting on top of the pole. However, the SG2100 intends for the antenna to "hang" underneath the motor. Have people been simply straightening the two metal tabs with players? Or is there some other trick to installing this dish on a motor?

Again - thank you,
Michael

mount.jpg

Just thought i would share on how i did my SG2100 + Winegard 1m dish. Is the same drilling idea from Here
but I drilled mine higher for better grip and support. IMO opinion this technic is stronger and more secured then the PCV deal.

Attachments

• sg2100a.JPG
    sg2100a.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 256
  • sg2100b.JPG
    sg2100b.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: ray224000
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts