1 MORE DAYS OF VoOm? ---> Target 4/1/05

BOOBTUBE

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I've only had voom for a month now and I love it. How much would you gambel on voom staying with us in the coming months? Based on what you know and what you have learned on satelliteguys.us? I really dont want to go back to Directv! $300 for HD receiver and only 6 or 7 HD channels.

I am back and forth on the issue... I think the recent addition of 11 channels is a good sign..... I like you shred at the thought of going back to D*, E*, or Cox cable... I am in HD heaven and hope that VOOM survives!

I hope they are one way or another. It could not hurt the HD cause... 15 more days an counting... Let's use this thread as a counter to 4/1... :)

BOOBTUBE said:
How much would you gambel on voom staying with us in the coming months?
The only person whose bet really matters has gambled $10 Million on that just a few days ago. I say, I am still optimistic! :up

Sean Mota said:
Let's use this thread as a counter to 4/1... :)
And how many count-downs did we have already? :D

Seriously, my guess we'll hear some decision (one way or another) long before the dead-line...

Ilya said:
And how many count-downs did we have already? :D

Seriously, my guess we'll hear some decision (one way or another) long before the dead-line...

You mean tomorrow? 2 weeks before the deadline? Im sick of the silence myself. Either Dolan has a deal or not. They need to let customers know what the status is.

I agree with Vurbano. I'm really growing weary of the constant fluctuating of maybe maybe not,They might be here, they might not,Just wait and see.

I mean please, at least allow the customers to know what is happening. Afterall, I am paying my hard earned money for several "unknown" status deadlines.

If you dont know a thing about your company before a supposed shutdown deadline, and you find out the same day your customer does, then you dont have it all together.

Dolan isnt going to wake up April 1st and get a call saying "yea you know Chuck, Im about to call the engineers to pull the plug right now, i just wanted to tell you and your customers first that its over".

I love voom as much as any of you do, but its not fun being stringed along in secrecy

What percentage of Voom subs read these or any similar forums?
Granted there has been some press out about a possible shut down but I believe
the majority of Voom's 40K subs don't have a clue about what may happen and are just
enjoying their service fully.

I speak for myself here...I love to be informed and share experiences with others that have the same passions but this is masoquism (spelling?)
I know I can just not come to this forum and go on like the rest of the subs
world without a clue but I'm hooked and now I'm riding the rollercoaster to ________ (fill in the blank, hopefully to continue Voom service!!!)

The only people worrying about Voom's fate are CVC/Voom execs and us, because we know about it...!!! Why would Voom put out any info to it's subs? I think all it would do is generate the same kind of uneasiness and maybe quitters like we have here.
Not that I wouldn't like them to say something but IMO, that's their rationale behind keeping it like business as usual.

If they remain in business, I will have to put on the assimilation suit. It has been hanging in the closet for a while :).

There is no question about it... April 1st either the trolls will shout "April Fool" to us VOOM subs or visa versa. Hoewever, if it is the latter, I will have more words which the mods will have to edit.

gutter said:
There is no question about it... April 1st either the trolls will shout "April Fool" to us VOOM subs or visa versa. Hoewever, if it is the latter, I will have more words which the mods will have to edit.
I won't shout OR have words to edit (because I am a well-mannered troll, who really wishes you all well).

Is it possible that we may see another extention, and Cablevision will give Dolan another 2 weeks??? I think that would kill a lot of us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)